Options

Creating TCP-IP port for printer

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

We have 2 printers in one of our offices that are acting a bit weird, I can ping both from a client, I can even open IE and put in one of the IP's and open up the setting page, but.....when I create a TCP-IP port and enter the printers IP on both of them it fails to make a connection

One thought is to upgrade the firmware on the printers but I am not 100% convinced this is the answer

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mypcrepairguymypcrepairguy Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote: »
    Hi

We have 2 printers in one of our offices that are acting a bit weird, I can ping both from a client, I can even open IE and put in one of the IP's and open up the setting page, but.....when I create a TCP-IP port and enter the printers IP on both of them it fails to make a connection

One thought is to upgrade the firmware on the printers but I am not 100% convinced this is the answer

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check the subnet / subnet mask settings?
    Check to make sure that the printer is set to manual ip configuration and has been rebooted to solidify the IP settings?
    Is there enough free IP addresses on the subnet?

anyways just a few things I would check. GL!
    (Start date 1/01/2011) BSIT: Network Design and Management

Units to Complete: (33)
    CLC1, WFV1(LOL), AKV1, TPV1(wip), AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Transfered Units: (34)
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1,

Completed Units by Certification: (30)
    TEV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, TSV1

:study:currently reading: CompTIA Project+ Study Guide (Exam PK0-003) by Kim Heldman and William Heldman
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Check the subnet / subnet mask settings?
    Check to make sure that the printer is set to manual ip configuration and has been rebooted to solidify the IP settings?
    Is there enough free IP addresses on the subnet?

anyways just a few things I would check. GL!

Same subnet, no printers are on DHCP

One solution which cannot be implimented at this time is R2 print server which I believe is capable of spooling for both 32 and 64-bit clients so local install for now

and then this happened, grrr
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Check my answer to your other post. It is possible to use both architectures on a Windows print server.