Options

70-680

NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
Starting my training for Windows 7. The MS press book I see referred to so much, is it "Windows 7 Inside Out?" I do have this one, I also have "Windows 7 Digital Classroom" book by Kate Shoup and the AGI Training Group. As well as CBT Nuggets. Any thoughts , ideas, and/or suggestions? icon_study.gif
WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    Off the beaten path...How do I add signatures, etc. to my profile?

WGU -

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't (for a while at least) add a signature. This is to prevent spambots and braindump advertisers from putting stuff in their signature. You may be able to PM the webmaster and see if he can change this for you though. That is if you can PM, info on how to enable Private messaging was included in your welcome email.
    When you can do a signature you do it just like you added details, through the user CP
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. icon_thumright.gif

WGU -

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Take a look through the material covered in the sticky in this forum. The once consensus that most of the people that have studied it around here is that the books contain alot of errors so supplementing study material with Technet and other articles and also reading more than one of the books, the Sybex book is decent but lacks details in some of the areas, and personally I'd look at the 70-685/6 materials as well. They do dig into a few areas in Server 2008 R2, so any extra studying should only be beneficial.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Hmmmm....sounds like some toying aroung with 2008R2 and 7 in a VMWARE environment might help?
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    agreed....I'm running VM. Also fortunate to have extra machines at my disposal to play with here at work.

WGU -

• Options
    I am setting up a server and two windows7 desktops in VMWARE right now. I hope this 2008 Unleashed book is as great as I've heard. ;)
  • Options
    I'm actually not familiar with that book. Let me know how it turns out.

WGU -

• Options
    Here you go. It's gotten some praise from around here too.

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Server-2008-R2-Unleashed/dp/067233092X/ref=pd_sim_b_4
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That unleashed book is great. It's really helping me out.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Steve.....Will be purchasing it soon. icon_thumright.gif

WGU -