BSCI Questions

blesablesa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I have problem understanding BCSI 640-901:
question 5 out of 10: the answer is isis type level-1-only. Well I have Todds's book and on page 278 there is:

conf t
router isis
is-type level 1
^Z
Which is different and it is configuration mode command. Why is that?

The other point is question 19 of 35 BSCI questions and according to the correct answer the instruction clear ip prefix-list name [network/len] is false?

The last question 35 has got as the correct answer:"At least one L1/2 is passed in level 2 routing". Why not "At least one L1/2 is passed in level 1 routing?

Thanks in advance

Blesa

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi,

No, question 5 is talking about level 2 routing:

The command to set the level is is-type [level-1 | level-1-2 | level-2-only]

As you can see by looking at the command prompt used in the answers Router(config-router)# this command has to be issued in router config mode... to get there you would use the first two commands you listed: config terminal and router isis.
    The other point is question 19 of 35 BSCI questions and according to the correct answer the instruction clear ip prefix-list name [network/len] is false?

No, but the answer as in the question is Clear ip prefix-list name [network/len bgp] and is false because of the bgp argument at the end...
    I agree though... not the best question from the author... I will replace it with a new one from my own....
    The last question 35 has got as the correct answer:"At least one L1/2 is passed in level 2 routing". Why not "At least one L1/2 is passed in level 1 routing?

Level 1 routing is intra-area routing, "routing between intermediate systems in the same area" L1/2 routers are used to connect one area to another area (for example, a backbone area with L2 routers.)

I hope this helps!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_redface.gif I know now what you meant with the first question blesa I made a terrible typo in the answer... fixed.