Options

Written Assessment State IT Jobs

Do anybody know how I can study for a written assessment for an Network Services Technician position. I don't really know what kind of questions they will be asking. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Your best bet would probably be to study Net+ training materials. Without any more info, that's what I would do. Good luck on getting the position!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    colemic wrote: »
    Your best bet would probably be to study Net+ training materials. Without any more info, that's what I would do. Good luck on getting the position!

There is some first-line Help desk support,Documentation of problem in trouble ticket system,LAN connectivity issues,Password reset,troubleshooting desktop and laptops,monitor print, and fax, network problem relating to cabling or workstation equipment, upgrading and installing data procesing equipment, monitor data processing/telecommunications systems, works with other help desk staff. How can I prepare for this written assessment? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If it is like NJ then it has nothing to do with PCs/networking but more electric and telcom. Not sure why except that NJ sucks.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I'm a state employee for Iowa. Even though I know a lot of people, they're all old timers so I've no idea if we even do that kind of thing.

I would assume your customer support skills would be very important. Interaction, prioritizing and elevating.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Actually, should study more on telecommunication because that's my weak spot. I have server, exchange, AD, workstation support. What do I need to study on about telecommunication? Links will be okay?
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    I'm a state employee for Iowa. Even though I know a lot of people, they're all old timers so I've no idea if we even do that kind of thing.

I would assume your customer support skills would be very important. Interaction, prioritizing and elevating.

Actually, should study more on telecommunication because that's my weak spot. I have server, exchange, AD, workstation support. What do I need to study on about telecommunication? Links will be okay?