Options

Well, it's time...finally

wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
I've been **** around for about 2 1/2 years with ICND2 and I've finally decided the time has come.

I have my exam booked tomorrow (18th Nov) at 11am. I've spent most of today doing practice tests.

Boson - 78%
Exam Cram - 88%
All of the Sybex questions - 91%

The Boson exam was timed, had it set for 65 question in 90 minutes, but ran out of time with about 7 or 8 questions left. That was hard!!!

Not too confident, but I'll give it a go anyway. The worst that can happen is I fail and have to do some more study. icon_cry.gif

Well, my brain hurts and I'm going to relax and have a beer, no point doing any more study now. If I don't know it by now, I'm not going to learn it by tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to ya!!! Let us know how it goes...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
  • Options
    pixelperson1pixelperson1 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get some sleep the night before, and you will be fine.

Let us know how it goes.
    C. Christensen
    CompTia Network+; A+ Certified, Security+
    www.creativeoverload.com
  • Options
    One word...gutted.

Just missed out. I got 811, pass mark was 825.

I didn't think the exam was all that hard, my biggest enemy was nerves. I rushed through the first 5 or 6 questions before I relaxed into a rhythm.

As it turned out the first 5 or 6 questions were probably the hardest on the exam, if I'd spent a little more time on those, I probably would have passed. As it turned out, I finished with 11 minutes to spare.

A bit of advice for all you test takers out there, before you start the exam take some deep breaths and try to relax, and don't rush. You may regret it.

Oh well, I might go through CBT nuggets one more time (and labbing) to keep everything fresh in my head, and give it another go in a week or two. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    wbosher wrote: »
    give it another go in a week or two.
    The important thing is to not dwell on it and let it affect your studies for the rematch. Get back on the horse and show it who's boss.
  • Options
    Rescheduled for the 3rd of December, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    jaykoolzboyjaykoolzboy Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That was close, I think u should nail the beast down next time.
    My 2 cents

Master Fundamental of all Dynamic protocols
    Master STP and VTP
    Master VLSM
    Understand the fundamental of Frame Relay

I think if u can do those, CCNA is in your pocket already.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Definitely a close score man. You got this in round 2.
  • Options
    Just got home from the exam, passed with a score of 932. Sooo relieved. icon_cheers.gif

The exam wasn't any easier or harder than the last one that I failed, I think the difference was that I was more relaxed and didn't rush through it. I read every question through at least twice, and double checked my answers, and still finished with 10 minutes to spare.

Going to take a break from studying for a while, while I think about whether to do CCNA or CCNA-Voice. First things first, it's a beautiful summer afternoon here in Wellington, time for a cold one in the sun. drunken_smilie.gif

Cheers for everyone's help here at TechExams. :)
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    You're lucky, its freezing cold here. icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass! I sit for my exam next Friday. I hope I am ready!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck Monkerz!
  • Options
    Monkerz wrote: »
    You're lucky, its freezing cold here. icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass! I sit for my exam next Friday. I hope I am ready!

Good luck! As I've said a few times in this thread, if you know your stuff (which I'm sure you do), nerves are probably your biggest problem. Before you hit that button to start the exam, take a deep breath and tell yourself to relax.

I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
  • Options
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your Celebration!! drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Good luck! As I've said a few times in this thread, if you know your stuff (which I'm sure you do), nerves are probably your biggest problem. Before you hit that button to start the exam, take a deep breath and tell yourself to relax.

I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

I started to develop an attitude after my first few exams. Once I had an idea of the level of prep I needed, I knew when I was ready and I kind of just dared the exam to try and trip me up.

The important thing I've always felt is to remember that you are your own worst enemy. Once you're sitting down at the exam, there's no point in worrying anymore. You either know the material or you do not, so just take the exam and let the chips fall.

If you do run into a question where you don't know the answer, read through your choices, spend a few minutes reasoning it out, and then make a choice and move on. If you sit there and second guess yourself, it'll have an effect on you for the rest of the exam and just snowballs. For questions where I knew I didn't know the answer and had to guess, I went home and looked up the answer to make sure I got the right one, so the exam can educate you at the same time it's testing you
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Ultra Way TO Go!
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got home from the exam, passed with a score of 932. Sooo relieved. icon_cheers.gif

The exam wasn't any easier or harder than the last one that I failed, I think the difference was that I was more relaxed and didn't rush through it. I read every question through at least twice, and double checked my answers, and still finished with 10 minutes to spare.

Going to take a break from studying for a while, while I think about whether to do CCNA or CCNA-Voice. First things first, it's a beautiful summer afternoon here in Wellington, time for a cold one in the sun. drunken_smilie.gif

Cheers for everyone's help here at TechExams. :)
    Congrats to you, I hope to soon experince the same feeling.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats on the pass!

So for Cisco exams, you are not able to go back to previous questions?
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

So for Cisco exams, you are not able to go back to previous questions?

Not an the CCNA at least
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Not an the CCNA at least

Also not for any of the Professional level exams I've taken. I think the only place I've ever seen the ability to mark and review questions later is on CompTIA exams, everywhere else, you answer it, you move on
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also not for any of the Professional level exams I've taken. I think the only place I've ever seen the ability to mark and review questions later is on CompTIA exams, everywhere else, you answer it, you move on

From what I've heard.... I think you can go back on the new TSHOOT exam, but I haven't taken it personally so I cannot really say if that's true or not. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    2ndchance2ndchance Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many congrats on the pass! There's nothing like fighting nerves, but it looks like you conquered them yesterday!