Options

Taking NET+ this Saturday

HAL9010HAL9010 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well guys,

I have studied my azz off for about three months now and have taken all of the Mike Myers certification testing series simulation exams. I usually get about 90% on the simulations so I hope I pass. Wish me luck, I'm taking the exam this Saturday and will post my results in the afternoon.

Regards,

Chadicon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck! Come back with a pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    goodluck! wow i wish test centers in my area had saturdays available.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Nomad505Nomad505 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Mike Myers' books for my A+ and my Network+ they helped me pass. I just took my Network+ 2 weeks ago and I was surprised by the amount of security oriented questions. I passed but not by a wide margin. Good Luck
  • Options
    Yes I agree. I was going to take the exam a couple of years ago which wasn't as security based. This Net+ exam seems a lot more security oriented. I'm going to school for computer security anyway so I guess that is helping me.

It's 100 questions correct? The Mike Myers simulation tests are only 71 questions....
  • Options
    Security was definitely one of the topics I didnt feel I was 100% on. But I still passed my Network+ exam.

The Mike Meyers Passport's LearnKey CD came with 100 questions. I got like 80%, but I know for sure half of what I got wrong wasn't going to be on the exam anyway.

Sucks to feel that I wasn't 100% on Security, because Security+ is the next exam I will take next.

Class taking:

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    badboyeee wrote: »
    goodluck! wow i wish test centers in my area had saturdays available.

Yeah, I miss being able to do that. Davenport University in Michigan had Saturdays available... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    First of all I want to say good luck!

Mine is tomorrow. I studied for about 5 weeks really hard core and feel fairly prepaired.

Hopefully we both come back with a pass!
  • Options
    Good luck to you as well N2IT, I hope we both are smiling Saturday. Yeah, most of the testing sites only had one Saturday every month. Fortunately I found a testing site that does Saturdays. Makes sense to me, I don't want to take the test after staring at a monitor for 8 hours. Hopefully just going in after I wake up will give me a nice rest from cramming.

Let's pass icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    HAL9010 wrote: »
    Good luck to you as well N2IT, I hope we both are smiling Saturday. Yeah, most of the testing sites only had one Saturday every month. Fortunately I found a testing site that does Saturdays. Makes sense to me, I don't want to take the test after staring at a monitor for 8 hours. Hopefully just going in after I wake up will give me a nice rest from cramming.

Let's pass icon_cheers.gif

Yeah let's pass!

It's worked out for me this week since I work 3-11 pm. I also get to work from home this week so that adds another bonus.
  • Options
    I passed!!!!!!! Hurray! icon_cheers.gif Passing score 769. It does help to prep and read as much as possible guys....

Thanks for the support!!!

Regards,

Chad
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I passed!!!!!!! Hurray! icon_cheers.gif Passing score 769. It does help to prep and read as much as possible guys....

Regards,

Chad

good job, congrats!! whats next for ya??

Class taking:

• Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Congrads on the cert :D . I was unsure hitting finish when taking mine. I ended up with 94% so the info stuck better then I thought. That's going back many blue moons tho :)
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options

Regards,

Chad

HAL Awesome job man! We both did it and forever linked by the forces of the universe!
  • Options
    pennstate22pennstate22 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have mine scheduled for this tuesday @ 130 PM

Ive been using the sybex book and CD that came with it along with a website called Quick Cert that has instructor led videos

does anyone have any last minute tips on a topic thats covered on the exam more than you thought?

thanks hopefully i pass!!
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    HAL Awesome job man! We both did it and forever linked by the forces of the universe!

Lol! That is awesome!!! I think I am going to go for the CCNA cert. I browsed over the book and it seems to go deeper into networking. Here is what is covered in CCNA:

• TCP/IP and OSI networking models
    • Operating Cisco routers and LAN switches
    • Ethernet switch configuration and troubleshooting
    • Virtual LANs and Spanning Tree Protocol
    • Wireless LANs
    • IP addressing and subnetting
    • Routing protocols
    • Router configuration and troubleshooting
    • Static and connected routes
    • VLSM and route summarization
    • IP access control lists
    • OSPF and EIGRP configuration
    • WAN configuration and troubleshooting
    • Frame Relay
    • Network Security and VPNs
    • NAT
    • IPv6
    • Troubleshooting
    What are you going to study next N2IT? icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    It was funny, when I logged into my CompTia account I found that I was A+ certified already. That was like an extra bonus! One of my first IT classes must have counted toward A+ certification. The odd thing is that I just do not remember what class. You would think the instructor would have said something.

So I'm A+ and Net+ certified, awesome....
  • Options
    It was funny, when I logged into my CompTia account I found that I was A+ certified already. That was like an extra bonus! One of my first IT classes must have counted toward A+ certification. The odd thing is that I just do not remember what class. You would think the instructor would have said something.

So I'm A+ and Net+ certified, awesome....

That is awesome! I am looking at doing A+ now before the end of the year, but for next year I am still uncertain. CCNA would be an awesome next move even the CCENT then the CCNA would be a great move.

I might be following your lead to be honest.