Linux/Squid Issue

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
I been working on this for a few weeks now, googling and sifting through a couple of Squid books I found on Safari books online. So this is really my last stop before reverting back to ISA Server so I sure hope someone can help me out.

I have a small satellite office which has a point-to-point T1 and a DSL line. The point-to-point leads back into the corporate office and Internet is done through DSL. satellite office is subnet 192.168.42.0/24 and the main office is 10.0.0.0/8. The main office houses and Exchange 2007 mail box server and a DMZ with the Exchange CAS server. The satellite office has no local servers.

Users in the Satellite office use a mix of Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 x64. They are using MAPI or Outlook Anywhere.

In order to address our caching needs we have a box with ISA 2004 on it. It’s worked great, but it was old. We receive a new box and opted for Ubuntu/Squid.
Ubuntu Server 10.10 x32.

I enabled all private IP ranges in a ACL in Squid.conf and opened the firewall and it seemed to work great. But Outlook 2007 users began complaining that they couldn’t authenticate. They were constantly being prompted. The next day it started with Outlook 2010 users.
I found some documents stating that it might be authentication related. I tried Keberos and NTLM with no luck in Outlook.
-Daniel

Comments