Options

Anyone using Adobe X yet?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
I saw that Adobe has released their latest version, which sandboxes the operation. After downloading and installing, I found out that it isn't quite compatible with encrypted PDF files. It says no digital ID is installed. Well, thats funny, they show up as being carried over from version 9.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the IDs, but get the same message. Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck yet with this program and getting it to read encrypted PDFs that worked just fine in previous versions.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nope. Not yet but considering downloading and upgrading. Slightly annoyed that you have to use the stupid Adobe download manager though but its been like that for ages anyway.

I generally don't have encrypted PDFs so it won't affect me much.

Does the X make it cool?
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Dont worry I'm sure it'll bug you to upgrade a few thousand more times, and by then you'll have a virus from some PDF exploit (not that upgrading would fix those anyway). Just sayin.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I disable the Acrobat plugins in my browser. I used to do this because Acrobat Reader never worked properly for me when viewing whilst downloading but it will provide also slightly more protection against PDF exploits since they won't autoload now. Its not much more protection tho :P
  • Options
    SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
    I'm using it. The digital signature bit Is a bit wonky, and it keeps bugging me to actually buy it every time I open a PDF, but I like it overall.

Maybe I'll finally learn the ins and outs of Adobe Acrobat.
    I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.