Options

I passed Network + 2009 Edition

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
It feels good to get this one over with. It was suprisingly more difficult than I thought. I got a 775 out of 900. Some of the material on the cables and connectors I should of gone over more.

I used Mike Meyers All In One and watched some of Messer's videos. I only allocated 5 weeks of studying, I probably should of spent more like 8 weeks to be honest.

Anyway just thought I let you all know.

As always I appreciate all the information presented on this site and all the support.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    Cable lengths/speeds and connectors are one of the few parts on this test that actually require memorization (those and the ports)
    What are you planning to work on next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert!
    Cable lengths/speeds and connectors are one of the few parts on this test that actually require memorization (those and the ports)
    What are you planning to work on next?

I nailed the ports, but like you said the speeds and connectors/lengths gave me trouble. I used process of elimination of course and I'm sure I hit a few because of that.

Weed: Security + is going to be next and most likely round out the year. I am reading a Cybex book now, but I want to get Lammie's book it seems to be the favorite on this forum.

Appreciate the congrats!
  • Options
    security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    I nailed the ports, but like you said the speeds and connectors/lengths gave me trouble. I used process of elimination of course and I'm sure I hit a few because of that.

Weed: Security + is going to be next and most likely round out the year. I am reading a Cybex book now, but I want to get Lammie's book it seems to be the favorite on this forum.

Appreciate the congrats!

Congratz on the Pass!!!! I strongly recommend purchasing Darril Gibson book for the security+. That book comes higly recommended as well.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It feels good to get this one over with. It was suprisingly more difficult than I thought. I got a 775 out of 900. Some of the material on the cables and connectors I should of gone over more.

I used Mike Meyers All In One and watched some of Messer's videos. I only allocated 5 weeks of studying, I probably should of spent more like 8 weeks to be honest.

As always I appreciate all the information presented on this site and all the support.

Congrats on the pass I’m taking my Network+ on Monday November 22, 2010. I hope I pass; I have been studying since August. I am using the following resources:
    mike meyers book Network+ pass port book read up to chapter 10
    Labsim Network+ 90% finished
    Exam Cram Network+ on chapter 3
    Network+ mcse free studying guide
    So far I’m reading the exam cram chapters and writing the tables on note cards
    Also, I like reviewing the professor Messer Network+ videos; he seems to have a knack for explaining the objectives in simple terms.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348

Appreciate the congrats!

Congrats on the pass! I had some conflicting info on the speeds and lengths for some of the fiber optic media. So that screwed me up a bit but I had minimal questions (if any) on those fortunately.

I'm starting to study for Security+ as well, I'm going the Darril Gibson route like many people here recommend.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats, I'm going for December 3rd
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240

Congrats man. yea that part of the test was tricky for me but i didnt have many questions on it. good luck on security+ and as someone stated Darrils book should definitely be in your arsenal. It`s the only time ive seen a study guide get 5 stars with over 60 reviews on it. i have it and im reading a chapter night with additional training. im planning on taking mine on or around the 14th.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass...good luck with S+.

MS
  • Options
    Thanks for all the congrats. It looks like I will be going for Gibson book :)

I am hoping to get Security + done before the end of the year. That should round out my certifications.
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass...good luck with S+.

MS

Thanks Buddy

I saw you passed 27002. Nice going!