Options

Altiris/Symantec Client Management Suite training?

rudergerruderger Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm pretty keen to learn more about Altiris software, we use Altiris Deployment Solution and the Symantec Management Console at work (7 or 7.1 I think), I'm not sure what plugins/solutions we're running, I think the deployment, inventory and pcanywhere ones.
I can get some online training with my companys Symantec partner login, but are there any books for this software? Or 'off line' training or videos that anyone knows of? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I was just having another search for study material, found my old post :)
    We are using CMS 7.1 at work. I'm still working on the videos on Symantec PartnerNet.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for study material?
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    We use Altiris and I would love to have a reference book as well.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    There's little to no training material outside Symantec courses. This is the one thing that is pretty terrible about the product and I've supported it in one way or another for the last 6 years.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll just carry on with Symantec PartnerNet then. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We're using Altiris CMS for 8 years now. You can download the Administrator guide of their products on their web site.
    There are also Knowledge base, users' forums and training courses from them. They held many times per year a conference:
    Symantec Vision (the old name was Altiris Managefusion).
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    I've just forwarded the details of Symantec Vision onto my team leader, I'm in New Zealand, so the Las Vegas one would be best, and the first 100 people that sign up to sit an exam at the conference get it free, it's win win :)