Options

audiobooks certification study

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Hi, I've heard of people on these forums using audiobooks to help study for certain exams. Where can I find these? I realize it's not necessarily the best way to study, but it's better than nothing.

I think audiobooks could be useful for exams that cover large numbers of concepts without going into technical detail (it would be hard to use an audio book to help study for a microsoft exam).

Looking for audio books for net+ and sec+ specifically.
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think you should use it as a primary source, but I like the idea of supplementing your studies with pure audio.

I used a bunch of homemade "audio books" when studying for my CCNA. Since videos are easier to find, I just ripped the audio from a few videos. You have to be very picky which ones to choose though, because a lot of them are not very intuitive without the visual apart of it. To be specific, I thought Lammle did a good job for this kind of thing as he talks a lot in his videos, and it didn't lose too much when I listened to it.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    What software did you use to rip the audio from the video? I think I could do this same thing, and it would save me from having to spend $$
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on the source video. For some of what I had, I was just able to add them to Nero's burn list for a cd, and the audio was burned.

I had a couple youtube vids I ripped using FLV extract. You can also take the long route of using sound recorder to record the audio while the video plays. I had to do this with CBT Nuggets (I think it was CBT?).
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Preplogic.com has them. Examforce.com also sells them. I'm using both for 70-294 and I like Preplogic a little better. Examforce is OK. You will be a master of the basics if you listen to them every day on your commute (listen to them 30 times, stuff will stick).
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    kenny831 wrote: »
    Preplogic.com has them. Examforce.com also sells them. I'm using both for 70-294 and I like Preplogic a little better. Examforce is OK. You will be a master of the basics if you listen to them every day on your commute (listen to them 30 times, stuff will stick).

Gotta agree with you here, I used the PrepLogic Audio for my Security+, listened to driving to and from work.. It stuck.

(of course I did more then just listen to audio training.)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS