Options

taking the exam tomorrow, any last minute tips?

pennstate22pennstate22 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
my exam is scheduled for tomorrow @ 130pm and i have been studying for about a month now. Does anyone who passed it have any last minute tips or suggestions on anything on the exam that you struggled with or didnt think would be on it?

any advice would be helpful if not ill just finish my last light review

thanks

Comments

• Options
    security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    my exam is scheduled for tomorrow @ 130pm and i have been studying for about a month now. Does anyone who passed it have any last minute tips or suggestions on anything on the exam that you struggled with or didnt think would be on it?

any advice would be helpful if not ill just finish my last light review

thanks

I haven't taken the Network+ yet, however when I took the Security+ I read each question through twice, marked the ones that puzzeled me and use logic. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself. You studied the material, you know it. Go with your first answer, don't second guess yourself. You will do fine!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Know your ports and protocols. When I got into the testing room I immediately wrote down my table of those. Also know what protocols operate at what layer of the OSI model . I also made sure to make a table for that. As has been suggested, read every question twice. Also update us when you pass. Good luck. :D
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Hope your well rested :)
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    thank you all for the advice i will make sure i take my time and read everything twice and use my scratch paper to write down some of those things the best i can

hopefully i pass because i def feel confident but i will update when i get back later

thanks!!
  • Options
    goodluck! shucks i didnt write any notes down on my scratch sheet.. i guess i should've, i might have scored a little higher :D

Class taking:

• Options
    well i passed!!! with a score of 764 which isnt really that high but i was just happy to pass. I think my second guessing hurts me from getting a higher score but ill take it.

was kinda disappointed there was 0 questions on subnetting when i took a while to fully understand it but i guess now ill know it.

thanks for all the tips

time to move on to security+ and hopefully i can take it before the end of the year. Im going to read the sybex book for it like i did for the A+ and Net+. If anyone has any study tips for security + i would appreciate it!!! thankssss
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The only thing I can suggest for Security+ is to get Darril's book. When you go to the Sec+ section on here that's pretty much gospel for the test. It's an easy read and apparently has everything you need to know. I guess i'll find that out on Monday when I sit for the test. Congrats on the pass.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    there's a bunch of us in the same position, jus finished N+ and then now starting Sec+
    Hypntick wrote: »
    The only thing I can suggest for Security+ is to get Darril's book. When you go to the Sec+ section on here that's pretty much gospel for the test. It's an easy read and apparently has everything you need to know. I guess i'll find that out on Monday when I sit for the test. Congrats on the pass.

+1 on this icon_thumright.gif

Class taking:

• Options
    cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +2 on Darril's book. It is a must have and will help you! I passed SEC+ today with the help of only this book. You can too!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    justinwu86justinwu86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you all for the advice i will make sure i take my time and read everything twice and use my scratch paper to write down some of those things the best i can

hopefully i pass because i def feel confident but i will update when i get back later

thanks!!

your aloud to bring notes into the test?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!