Options

Passed Network+ Score: 862 (prep info etc)

joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
Method of study:

Read first half of Exam Cram Network+ 2009 before it got stolen from me (I'm glad it was stolen, that book was seriously so DAMN boring and I wouldn't recommend buying it)

Looked at N+ Objectives and chose the objectives that I had trouble with and used Mike Meyer's 2009 Network+ book to study those. I would highly recommend Mike Meyer's book over over Exam Cram, or any other books. I used the Books 24x7 version for my studies.

I also used ~1000 or so practice questions to discover areas I was weak in, and re-read those sections with Mike Meyer's book 3-4 times.

Another Resource I used was from here: https://www.mcmcse.com/comptia/network/N10004_study_guide.shtml
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this before.

N+ was more difficult than A+, but easier than Security+. Network+ is very straight forward and relies heavily on memorization, opposed to Security+ which relies heavily on memorization AND critical thinking.

I give my thanks to this forum.:)
WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)

Comments

• Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Nice score! Congratulations.

I used the MC MCSE Study guide as well, that's where I wrote all my notes on. Do you know if there is a Security+ version like that? I know MC MCSE has one but its not that great...

What's next for ya??
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Nice score! Congratulations.

I used the MC MCSE Study guide as well, that's where I wrote all my notes on. Do you know if there is a Security+ version like that? I know MC MCSE has one but its not that great...

What's next for ya??

I don't know of any Sec+ Equivalent to the MCMCSE study guide. I can say that the only thing I supplemented my Security+ Studies with was Darril Gibson's Twitter updates and Transcender. (Primary was Darril's book: Get Certified, get ahead) I got pretty intimate with that book. In combination it was enough to get me 855 on Sec+.

Next on the plate is probably MCTIP Enterprise Administrator tests. Thanks for askin :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    I don't know of any Sec+ Equivalent to the MCMCSE study guide. I can say that the only thing I supplemented my Security+ Studies with was Darril Gibson's Twitter updates and Transcender. (Primary was Darril's book: Get Certified, get ahead) I got pretty intimate with that book. In combination it was enough to get me 855 on Sec+.

Next on the plate is probably MCTIP Enterprise Administrator tests. Thanks for askin :)

Yeah I have Darril's book and I plan to read the crap out of it hehe.

I just started looking into Microsoft Certs. I see we can use our CompTIA certs as electives for MCSA, can we for MCITP?? I'm not seeing that it does..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Yeah I have Darril's book and I plan to read the crap out of it hehe.

I just started looking into Microsoft Certs. I see we can use our CompTIA certs as electives for MCSA, can we for MCITP?? I'm not seeing that it does..
    You don't need electives for the MCITP certs, so they don't count. For the MCITP:SA you take the 640, 642, and 646 for the MCITP:EA you take the 640, 642, 643, and 647 plus a client exam (70-620/680)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.