Options

Fitness Challenge for 2011

124»

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    For those who want to be accountable for what they did during the day (ate, drank, excercise, etc) FitDay (FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal) is a great tool for that. There are others out there, this is just one that I have used and liked.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I have finally hit the 12% mark and have gone a little under it. I'm flirting with the low 11% range. I'm trying hard to get to 7% by the end of May. Basically I need to hit close to 170 and I'm about 179. If I don't make that goal by the end of May I'm quitting and starting a mass/strength building routing for 6 months. It's been nearly 3 years of diet for me (down from over 300 lbs) and I am psychologically drained from it. I keep saying just 10 lbs, just 10 lbs. But it seems like I have been struggling with this 10 pounds for a year now...

Robert have you looked at trying carb cycling or IF to lose the last bit of fat?

check this site out if you haven't before Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

These articles in particular....he gets sciencey which makes it even better I feel.

Scorch Through Your Fat Loss Plateau | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Intermittent Fasting and Stubborn Body Fat | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

joe
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    shednik wrote: »
    Robert have you looked at trying carb cycling or IF to lose the last bit of fat?

check this site out if you haven't before Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

These articles in particular....he gets sciencey which makes it even better I feel.

Scorch Through Your Fat Loss Plateau | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Intermittent Fasting and Stubborn Body Fat | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

joe

I do carb cycling currently. I'm going to consider the intermittent fasting. +Rep for those articles. If someone cannot explain the science behind their diet strategies I get very wary of what they are saying. There is nothing worse, IMO, than religious orthorexia. This weekend maybe I will delay breakfast and take the dog on a long walk.

I allow myself to have a week here and there where my calories are closer to maintenance than usual and I am not as strict about what I eat. I think the best thing I ever did was break my diet for a 4 days a few months back. I gained 10 lbs (mostly water) but once I got back to where I was before the break, I was clearly more muscular and leaner. My opinion is, if I don’t hit it by the end of May then a 6 month break where I stay lean but gain a little strength and pack on a little muscle will do me good when I get back to trying to push the fat loss further.
  • Options
    TimTheEnchantorTimTheEnchantor Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm 24, weigh 146 (as of scale at the gym yesterday) and have been working out for about 2 weeks. My first day at the gym I was 141/142. I've noticed big improvements. I was always a skinny kid and growing these muscles in is a big confidence boost. As of right now my shoulder is killing me but I know they are just growing and ready to burst out. Can't wait for my rest days to be over to get back into it (Wednesdays -> Sundays, rest Monday/Tuesday). I'll get some progress pictures up soon.

I took my addiction of World of Warcraft, obsessing over stats and finishing my dailies - then converted it into the gym addiction I have now.
    Done:
    MCITP: Server Administrator, MCTS: Windows Vista
    To Go: 70-643, 70-647
    Further Certs: Exchange Administrator 2010, CCNA

Reading: Server 2008 R2 Unleashed/Sybex/CBT Videos
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm 24, weigh 146 (as of scale at the gym yesterday) and have been working out for about 2 weeks. My first day at the gym I was 141/142. I've noticed big improvements. I was always a skinny kid and growing these muscles in is a big confidence boost. As of right now my shoulder is killing me but I know they are just growing and ready to burst out. Can't wait for my rest days to be over to get back into it (Wednesdays -> Sundays, rest Monday/Tuesday). I'll get some progress pictures up soon.

While we are on the subject of pics. I think I'm the only one who posted fat pics... EX1, where are yours? icon_wink.gif