Options

Intro Exam - anyone done it?

normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Having failed the exam twice with 620 two years ago & 803 a year ago. I have been studying since completing Network+ in August.

Just decided to take the two exam option this time. Having used the 640-801 Mcgraw Hill book & CBT Nuggets up till recently & icon_sad.gif Did the ICND course two years ago.

Would it be a good idea if I spend the last few weeks just using the 640-821 ExamCram 2 book section & Learnkey 640-821 CBT`s.

Along with Practise exams will this be enough to get me through the Intro exam? Or does anyone think I should go over the 640-811 / 640-801 stuff aswell. Already work as a Cisco network analsyt, but do very little WAN stuff.

Any Intro or general advice would be welcome.
Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Personally, I'd just take 640-801, but that's just me. There's a ton of overlap in 640-811 and 640-821... enough that, if I had to do it all over again, I'd take the single exam. I can understand why you wouldn't want to take the single exam again, however.

In addition to everything you've already stated, you need to practice practice practice on routers as much as possible. If you work as a Cisco analyst, you might already have the practice part down, but... just making sure. :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got plenty of practise at work, but no frame relay or ISDN etc... Got some simulators though.

Also, think the 2 option might be better for myself as my heads about to bust!!! The logic behind this was that it would appear to split the content into manageable chunks. But as you say there is overlap!!!

Think one of my biggest problems is fear of 3rd time failure!!!

Need to put a plan in place!!!

Cheers for your advice & input!!!
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Don't sweat it - failure is just an opportunity to learn from mistakes. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and attack again. :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    nanoagenanoage Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the passing score for the intro and ICND exam anyways?
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    849 for ICND, and I think it's the same for INTRO. INTRO was a cake walk. It's basically Net+ with subnetting. If you're having difficulty keeping everything straight, I would recommend the two exam option because then you can narrow your focus quite a bit. Nothing overly complicated will be on INTRO. ICND, otoh, is a whole different ballgame.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    nanoage wrote:
    What is the passing score for the intro and ICND exam anyways?

Passmark in itro is 825 not 849 BTY :D
    have a great day.. i am givin ICND in 2 days time :)
    :santa:
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Passmark in itro is 825 not 849 BTY :D
    have a great day.. i am givin ICND in 2 days time :)[/quote]

Good luck on your exam!