Passed Written

jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
Well, after 9+ months of study, I passed the CCIE R/S written exam today! So relieved, as it was a pretty tough test, and now I can look forward to the lab. Just to let you all know what I used, heres the list:

-Routing TCP/IP volumes I and II
-CCIE v4 Official Exam Certification Guide
-ALL of my CCNP books
-CCIE Routing and Switching Flash Cards (got these directly from Kevin Wallace's website for 25 bucks! He signed it and everything)
-Boson Test Engine
-Cisco.com
-Internetwork Experts CoD and lab books ( I bought the entire CCIE self-study package)

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Epic achievement! Congrats man. When are you taking the lab?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    BIG congratulations to you! Nicely done, so the clock has started ticking...!! (for the lab I mean)
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on earning your entry ticket to the scheduling system for The Lab. icon_cheers.gif The 18 month countdown clock has started.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Well done dude. Great achievement. Kings to you!
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!! Good luck with your lab studies...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Congrats! Makes me even more motivated to try to get my written out of the way :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Do you have an estimate of how many hours you spent studying for written? =)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Do you have an estimate of how many hours you spent studying for written? =)

Oh man, not really. I was keeping track up to about ~150 hrs or so (i quit keeping track about 2 months ago)...but that time didnt include what I had spent on the CCIP either (which counts in my opinion). So i dont know really, I could estimate, but it probably wouldnt be real accurate. I had read everything twice, and had a little over 100+ pages in typed notes by the end of it, and I just had that..."Im ready feeling", so I decided to give it a go.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    When are you taking the lab?

No idea...I want to take Narbiks camp in February in Texas, study some more, and then maybe take it again in June...so it will be later part of next year for sure. For now I have to catch up on my wifes "honey-do's" that she's let me out of for so long :)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!! Thats is well done!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    Congratulations man.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, after 9+ months of study, I passed the CCIE R/S written exam today! So relieved, as it was a pretty tough test, and now I can look forward to the lab. Just to let you all know what I used, heres the list:

-Routing TCP/IP volumes I and II
    -CCIE v4 Official Exam Certification Guide
    -ALL of my CCNP books
    -CCIE Routing and Switching Flash Cards (got these directly from Kevin Wallace's website for 25 bucks! He signed it and everything)
    -Boson Test Engine
    -Cisco.com
    -Internetwork Experts CoD and lab books ( I bought the entire CCIE self-study package)

Well done Jason. It is a tough test and you studied hard for it. On to lab prep now :)