Options

Christmas Budget

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
What is your families or your own Christmas budget?

I want to spend 300 total for about 9 people which doesn't include the girlfriend. I'm a Bah-Humbug.

My girlfriend looooves Christmas and wants to spend 700/9 people. She would spend thousands if she could.

What do you all try to limit yourself to?
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This year? Basically $50.00 total. Something for my son and something for my nephew. Like the past couple of years, our family isn't really exchanging gifts except for the kid's since a lot of people have been having rough times financially.

I'd love to be able to spend more and spoil my kid a bit, but it's just too tight money wise after this prior year for me. At least he's young (3.5 years) and doesn't really have expectations from Christmas and he'll end up getting spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa anyways :D
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on if I can find a job before then or not. I find a job, then it'll be in the 150 to 200 range. Of course that's just for my wife. I don't really have anyone else to buy stuff for aside from cards for family members. If I can't find a job by then, probably about 50 bucks.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This year? Basically $50.00 total. Something for my son and something for my nephew. Like the past couple of years, our family isn't really exchanging gifts except for the kid's since a lot of people have been having rough times financially.

I'd love to be able to spend more and spoil my kid a bit, but it's just too tight money wise after this prior year for me. At least he's young (3.5 years) and doesn't really have expectations from Christmas and he'll end up getting spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa anyways :D

I am glad to see we arent the only people doing that. It really works out well, big smiles on little faces is priceless. Watching me trying to put together lego star wars is also very entertaining icon_rolleyes.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Took care of a LOT of nieces/nephews with <$200. Wife and daughter combined about $250. Everyone else can bite me..lol
    Luckily I started shopping back in June so I got a little every month so I didn't really have a problem spending this much.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pash wrote: »
    I am glad to see we arent the only people doing that. It really works out well, big smiles on little faces is priceless. Watching me trying to put together lego star wars is also very entertaining icon_rolleyes.gif

Yup, I prefer it this way actually - only buying for the kid's. Otherwise you end up trying to figure out what to buy people and spend cash to swap gifts each of you may or may not use. I'd rather let the little one's enjoy it, spend time with family, and on the years after this once I'm not so strapped for cash I'll take what I would have ended up using to buy others gifts and get myself something I really want :D
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We just buy for the nieces and nephews, and grandkids. The adults all buy 25.00 gift cards, and seal them in envelopes. Then we play Black Jack and the winner picks an envelope out of the pile. Keep going till they are all gone. Most are gift cards for Best Buy, Barnes&Noble, Cabellas, etc. So total budget is around 150-200 for all concerned.