Options

Just another guy...

showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Who passed his A+ exam :D this morning!

2 years help desk/application support, self study 45 days, Mike Meyers 7th edition, practice tests only. (Lots of Call of Duty MW2, and Black Ops in between icon_study.gif)

842 220-701
829 220-702

Back to back. That’s the only way to roll!

I was stressing these exams big time since I scheduled them last Friday. Let me tell you something, I was nervous as hell, as soon as the 701 test started; I knew the first 20 piece of cake. After that, I knew I was solid.

The 702 was a different story, I marked around 40 questions for review, 702 was a slightly harder. Instead of just knowing that three of the answers given are just not probable, the 702 was more, at least 2 possible and comes down to what you learned/remembered. Needless to say, once I clicked that 'complete' button I was stressing until it returned my results, which seemed like 23423 hours btw. I was the victor for the day! GG A+, GG.

Now, time to start on the Network+/CCENT. I might not even attempt the Network+ and just get my CCENT. Any advice on that subject would be great from others who are in the know. Anyways, great forum, glad I joined and glad I passed. (1st attempt baby!)

Tips for passing:

Essentials, is pretty basic. If you read Mike Meyers and start getting 90-100% on practice tests (No I don't work for the guy) you will get through the essentials with ease, no experience at all.

Practical, you need to know a little more in depth IMO. It asked more on what step is next, when two-three are possible, goes back to the whole know/remembered thing. But just have confidence, and you will get through with flying colors!

BTW, I took the 30 question practice tests on the Comptia site, 70% (fail) on both icon_rolleyes.gif. Ok, I am done for reals this time. Thanks for reading/advice! GL to all who want to attempt the test!