Aspiring MCSE

MCSEismeMCSEisme Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Started the MCSE course 2 weeks ago! Needless to say...ALOT of information to digest. Currently I am studing to write the 70-270 some days I feel like I am ready to write and then other days I feel I should wait. I have tried many practice exams with a passable turnouts and I have a few years experience in the IT field. This website has helped alot aswell as some books and other study aids. Should I wait untill I am absolutely prepared or do I man up and go for it? lol I thought about buying a voucher that would allow a free re-write just so I know where I stand... Any input for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you should set a date that you want to take it and then be ready on that date. You said you have a few years of IT experience, what have you done? Server Support? Network Support? Helpdesk? Development? Etc.. Do you have much experience with server 2k3?
  • MCSEismeMCSEisme Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do not have experience with server 2k3, I have done Helpdesk for Compaq.. many years in PC support and repair. Worked for IBM installing computers at the local banks in a secure network enviroment.. After i complete 70-270 I will be moving forward to Win Serv.2003
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MCSEisme wrote: »
    I do not have experience with server 2k3, I have done Helpdesk for Compaq.. many years in PC support and repair. Worked for IBM installing computers at the local banks in a secure network enviroment.. After i complete 70-270 I will be moving forward to Win Serv.2003

IMO it may have been better for you to start with 2k8. How long do you think doing the MCSE will take you? How long are the courses?
  • MCSEismeMCSEisme Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The course is about 9 months but if it takes longer then so be it... I have taken the A+ and passed the Network+ pre-req to get into this course. I know it doesnt come easy and I have been dabbling with MCSE for years!! I think I will take atleast another 2 weeks of pure study before I book the exam.