Options

Xeno's MCSA/MCSE journey

13»

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Time sure gets away from you. It's been 6 months since I updated this thread and my world has changed several times over in that stretch.

I just wanted to pop back in here, though, to say I passed the 70-270 and finished my MCSA today.

It took a year, and there were a couple of job changes and cert distrations during that time, but I did finish what I set out to do. I must admit that the only reason a took the 270 was because my MS voucher was about to expire and I needed a quick win so my money didn't go down the drain. I really wanted the 680 as my client exam so I'd be ready for the MCITP upgrade, but oh well. The question is what to do now. Should I finish the last 2 exams to achieve MCSE on an old server OS that is now 1 year older than it was when I started? Who knows.... I'm going to take a little while to think about it while I read something non cert related.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it were me, I'd finish the last 2 and then follow the upgrade process forthe MCITP (if you choose to even continue with it). Even IF the MCSE stops meaning something to the business world in the near future it was still a challenge and I'm proud of myself for getting it. I'd personally feel a little guilty if I wimped out 2 exams short.

Congrats on the MCSA
    Decide what to be and go be it.