Beta Exams Question

How does one go about finding out which beta exams are available and how do you sign up? I am talking MS or Comptia.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get signed up for their newsletters. Watch their sites for announcements. Watch Vue and Prometric for new exams, ex MS beta used to start with 71- instead of 70- not sure if they still do. Pay attention to the postings here because people usually post when a beta has been announced.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For most MS exams you need a invitation which includes a code to register for the exam. They want a certain number of people to take the beta exam, so if not all the spots are taken by invitees, they will usually share the code on the Born to Learn blog.

If you want an invitation, you have to register as a Subject Matter Expert with Microsoft Learning for the area of the beta exam. I guess you could add every area possible, but I don't know if that will work. On the aforementioned blog, they often announce in advance the areas needed for upcoming beta exams, so you can watch for those posts and modify your profile as necessary. This definitely works, and I've done it a few times to get into beta exams.

The instructions on how to register as a SME is here:
    MSL Subject Matter Experts | Microsoft Connect
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV