Options

Life-Time Certification?

NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is Server+ a lifetime certification? I know Security, Net, and A+ are if you get them before the end of 2010, but is Server+ a lifetime certification as well?
Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy

Only listed here as those three. I would venture to say that anything outside of those does not follow that pattern.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    So far only A+, Network+, and Security+ expire, if you don't get them this year.

I suspect CompTIA will eventually do this with all their certs, just a matter of time. They haven't announced anything yet on the other certs.

But yes all other certs are lifetime.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's lifetime but technically you should list the objectives used (usually in a year format)
    Most places which require you to have a CompTIA cert will also want to know the year you got them to ensure they are current. This is why CompTIA has had Bridge exams. Bridge exams go away in January when the expiration policy goes into effect.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies all
    Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
    Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
    ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    earweed wrote: »
    It's lifetime but technically you should list the objectives used (usually in a year format)
    Most places which require you to have a CompTIA cert will also want to know the year you got them to ensure they are current. This is why CompTIA has had Bridge exams. Bridge exams go away in January when the expiration policy goes into effect.

I've never had an employer ask what year I got my certs honestly.