Options

70-643 Not Again

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Finally passed it. 65 questions and 2-1/2 hours. 778
Weird that the graph of how I did actually doesn't look as good as the second and third tries. Anyone coming up on this test definitely study the technet material in Claymoores sticky post and be sure you study Sharepoint Foundation 2010 technet articles as all the sharepoint questions I had on the test covered new features and I doubt they could have all been beta questions.
Man I was scared waiting what seemed like an extra hour for the score to come up.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Way to go!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You da man, earweed. Taking a few days off before diving into studying for the 647?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Congrats!
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    You da man, earweed. Taking a few days off before diving into studying for the 647?
    Not an option. taking so long to get this done I'm behind. I'm already starting the Labsim for the 647 now and getting back to reading tomorrow. I've also got to do revisions on my Paper for WGU to get my Technical Writing class done. After i get the tech writing done I only have 70-647 and my Capstone paper left to be done with WGU.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's sounds busy as. Good luck with the WGU stuff!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

Take a bow! Good on ya for sticking to the ship and getting over the line.

icon_cheers.gif

PS: My turn in 5 days time........icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats Earweed! icon_cheers.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Congrats!!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A weaker man would have quit! Earweed, you're the man and that is definitely worthy of heroics! Well done, good sir, well effing done!

Honestly, you deserve a well deserved bow...one more exam, and you're an MCITP:EA!

icon_thumright.gif Congratulations, my friend.
  • Options
    Earweed,

Was there any indication how many of the 65q's counted towards the score?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    No way of knowing. Heck they may have all counted. All I know is that the exam is rough. I 'm pretty sure that a few of the questions that I figured out the answers through elimination might have been beta. Can't go into much detail due to NDA but several questions that I figured the correct answers from eliminating the wrong ones were definiotely outside of the skills measured (objectives) for this test.
    I do know that all my sharepoint questions on this exam were dealing with stuff specific to Sharepoint Foundation 2010 and I'm glad I read a lot of the technet articles on that.
    A lot of the questions you have to figure out as they aren't like CompTIA where you think to yourself "I read that somewhere" it's usually weeding through the info you have and figuring out the answer, a lot of questions I wouldn't have figured out except for reading all the possible answers first. I had a total of 3 questions where I just looked at the question and knew the answer, all the rest I had to do some thinking and since I only scored 778 some of my thinking wasn't quite right.
    Just study the stuff. When the test starts just remember they always give you extra info in the question that'll throw you off. Try to be relaxed starting out and you'll do ok.
  • Options
    Thanks,

What you describe sounds a lot like when I did the 680 exam early this year. That was 65 very testing questions which I had to scrap and fight my way through to get the desired result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, you are a true fighter indeed well done. Good luck with 70-647
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats everybody. I scored nearly 100 points higher this try than the last but I don't feel that I really learned that much extra during the last 3 weeks of studying. I hadn't even put in that much studying since wednesday as I had work and my father in law had surgery so I spent a lot of time going back and forth to the hospital. I think I just went in more relaxed. I had actually started to chicken out Monday but the prometric site wouldn't let me reschedule..LOL
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol, how many times I wanted to reshcedule every time I have an exam :D it's pretty natural I guess.I'm glad you didn't though.
  • Options
    ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, way to keep after it and take it down! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Way to keep at it and get it done! Congrats!!
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I'm glad you passed!
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    well done 4th time is a dream :)

I had the same problem with my 646.................