Options

Ten most valuable certifications for IT pros at ZDNet UK

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
I don't know about the UK but for the US this list seems like fud:

Ten most valuable certifications for IT pros | Jobs | ZDNet UK

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Whoever wrote that list is a moron. Putting Net+ above the CCNA cost the author any credibility they had with me. The brunt of knowledge that is contained within the Net+ is also contained within the CCNA, so it supersedes Net+ in every way possible
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Whoever wrote that list is a moron. Putting Net+ above the CCNA cost the author any credibility they had with me. The brunt of knowledge that is contained within the Net+ is also contained within the CCNA, so it supersedes Net+ in every way possible

Assuming the order thing is a mistake I can see their point somewhat, at least about linux. I know many small companies just want something that "works" and is easily supported.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How does Sec+ just get an "honorable mention" lol...
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Assuming the order thing is a mistake I can see their point somewhat, at least about linux. I know many small companies just want something that "works" and is easily supported.

The list is anything but objective. It looks like the list is the authors personal opinion of what the 10 most valuable certs are, and you know what they say about opinions....
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The list is anything but objective. It looks like the list is the authors personal opinion of what the 10 most valuable certs are, and you know what they say about opinions....
    When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.

You mean that? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    icon_king.gif We are not amused
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ZDNet has been going down hill since the 1990's when they actually had IT professionals and engineers writing now we get journalists.

InformIT: Erik Eckel
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology