Passed CISSP exam!

jayc71jayc71 MemberMember Posts: 102 ■■■■□□□□□□
I took the exam on 30 Oct, found out this morning that I passed! icon_cheers.gif


That month long wait is a killer.
CISSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, 2nd place in the 6th grade spelling bee, All-District offensive line one year in HS, pretty handsome according to my mom.

Comments

  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,663 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

    And consider the wait to be part of the "trial by fire." ;)
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    Congrats! Make sure to list your study plan, what worked for you, didn't work for you etc.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and welcome to the club
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    jayc71 wrote: »
    I took the exam on 30 Oct, found out this morning that I passed! icon_cheers.gif


    That month long wait is a killer.

    Congrats Jayc71,

    This is what I have been waiting for. You and I just talked about this and bang, there it is! Did you sit in Reston, VA? I've seen on the cccure.org forums that lots of people from 30 Oct Reston have gotten results but nobody from 23 Oct or 24 Oct Reston, VA has gotten results, odd.

    At least I know someone from 30 Oct got something. I'm one week away, maybe?
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Member Posts: 102 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Jayc71,

    This is what I have been waiting for. You and I just talked about this and bang, there it is! Did you sit in Reston, VA? I've seen on the cccure.org forums that lots of people from 30 Oct Reston have gotten results but nobody from 23 Oct or 24 Oct Reston, VA has gotten results, odd.

    At least I know someone from 30 Oct got something. I'm one week away, maybe?

    Thanks!

    Yes, I sat the exam in Reston. Everyone I know who was there for that session has gotten their results now, it's strange that people from an earlier session haven't recieved theirs yet. I would assume it has something to do with the whole false-results debacle that ISC2 just went through.

    I would assume that you should see your results sometime next week, good luck!!
    CISSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, 2nd place in the 6th grade spelling bee, All-District offensive line one year in HS, pretty handsome according to my mom.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Yes I'm sure the false results issue has them in a frenzy and for good reason. I hope I get my results before people who took it after me.
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jayc71 wrote: »
    I took the exam on 30 Oct, found out this morning that I passed! icon_cheers.gif


    That month long wait is a killer.

    Took mine October 24th in southern U.S, no reuslts yet.
    Definately weird that some exams after the 24th have been graded / submitted / made available , but 24th are not.

    Some of these long waits I have a feeling are a blend/mixture of holidays+the pass/fail fiasco...
    Next up: OSCP
  • ishekharishekhar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    took exam on 12/11/2010 and got the result on 12/23/2010 & PASSED in the first attempt itself.

    was scanning this site often regd the result wait time, so thought of sharing here first.

    took at the exam at Baltimore, MD. The exam appeared tougher than I thought. wasn't sure if i will pass but i knew if i fail, i will fail by thin margin. So glad that I wont' have to repeat the exam.

    Used Shon Harris (5th edition) and Peter Gregory (CISSP Guide to Security Essentials) books. Also used Peter gregory Dummy Series practice tests (Lawrence C. Miller, Peter H. Gregory). Also took couple of tests from CISSP Study Guide 'Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, Joshua Feldman'.

    Peter's dummy series book is the only book i read end to end. Peter's other book I read about 75% and skimmed the rest. Shon Harris's book I read about 25% and skimmed the rest. She really explains anything a way too much. Took full tests from both the books.

    will love to help out with the exam preparation to folks in/around MD/VA/DC area.

    looking for endorsement now. Anyone around greater DC area ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    I wonder if I was the longest ever, it took 50 days before I got my results. That was a crazy wait but I consider it worth it since I did pass!

    Congrats ishekhar and sabooher!

    Moe.
  • flippedmanflippedman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ishekhar,

    How many months beforehand did you start studying?
Sign In or Register to comment.