Options

Failed again

apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
Failed the 70-680 with a score of 683. It's much better than my previous score, but I still didn't have the smarts to pass.

Here's a breakdown of the domains and what my score looks like:

Installing, Upgrading, Migrating: 100%
Deploying: 85%
Configuring Hardware and Applications: 100%
Configuring Network Connectivity: 70%
Configuring Access to Resources: 45%
Mobile Computing: 75%
Monitoring and Maintaining: 80%
Backup and Recovery: 100%

Windows 7 Desktop Support and Administration by Darril Gibson was great for covering deployment. I highly recommend it. I guess I'll have to spend more time covering my weak areas with the Windows 7 Resource Kit. For practice tests, I recommend SelfTest software, which is probably the best on the market and they will give me a refund since I failed twice. I used MeasureUp with my first attempt and that was probably as useful as ExamForce (based on their horrible reviews here). I'll probably retake this test in March 2011.
Usus magister est optimus

Comments

• Options
    steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you failed.

I am looking at going down the MCITP path and I must say, seeing someone with your certifications fail this exam it quite intimidating to me to say the least.

How long did you study for?

Steve
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear. You are very close, probably 1-2 questions away. Good luck!
    I found Darril's book to be a great asset.
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    steve2012 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that you failed.

I am looking at going down the MCITP path and I must say, seeing someone with your certifications fail this exam it quite intimidating to me to say the least.

How long did you study for?

Steve

I wouldn't let it discourage you. All of my certifications are entry-level and only one of them is from Microsoft, so all things considered, I'm still very much a noob.

As for my schedule, I studied for two months and failed the first time, then studied another month and failed today. I'll study at least 2 hours each weekday and then I'll review my notes over the weekend. I don't use Windows 7 in the workplace, much less Windows Server 2008 R2, so I just lab with VMware. As always, experience is the best teacher.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 70-680 was a very tough certification to obtain. The MS book was very poorly written, and I passed it the second time by skin of my teeth!

Don't give up! :)

I found that the MS book for the 70-685 supplemented the 680 book well.
  • Options
    fredstlfredstl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    are you kidding me I only got one cert windows 70-680 and got a 890 and Ithought it was easyand I 'm new to the game
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Don't give up and you'll get it next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.