Options

70-270!...or is it?

KrolikKrolik Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went to take my 70-270 about a week ago and the night before taking the test I took a practice test and got 74%...well the next day I went to take the test and the test had nothing to do with what the 70-270 is supposed to be about. Most of the questions were related to answer fires and unattended installations of Windows xp and troubleshooting xp and Windows 2000 from a Server. I talked to the owner of the company I work for and he said that he had never seen the questions I told him in any exam he's taken and he has about 4 or 5 Certs.

What do you guys think about this? Did the site I went too give me the wrong test?

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What site did you go to?

These are the objectives from the Microsoft Website:

Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Krolik wrote: »
    Most of the questions were related to answer fires and unattended installations of Windows xp and troubleshooting xp and Windows 2000 from a Server. I talked to the owner of the company I work for and he said that he had never seen the questions I told him in any exam he's taken and he has about 4 or 5 Certs.

What do you guys think about this? Did the site I went too give me the wrong test?

Sounds like the 270 to me. If you look at the title of the exam, it is about implementing. If you are looking for supporting xp, then the 271 and 272 are more along your alley.

Check out Rogue's link for a list of the objectives.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    I went to take my 70-270 about a week ago and the night before taking the test I took a practice test and got 74%...well the next day I went to take the test and the test had nothing to do with what the 70-270 is supposed to be about. Most of the questions were related to answer fires and unattended installations of Windows xp and troubleshooting xp and Windows 2000 from a Server. I talked to the owner of the company I work for and he said that he had never seen the questions I told him in any exam he's taken and he has about 4 or 5 Certs.

Discussing the precise contents of the exam with someone else may lend you in trouble with the cert issuer.
    Looking at the 270 objectives however, won't help. I'd assume you prepared before taking the exam and tried installation via answer file at least once.
    I am totaly with you on not needing to be questioned on Win2000 and earlier windozes. When was the last time anyone upgraded from Win 98 to XP?
  • Options
    varelg wrote: »
    When was the last time anyone upgraded from Win 98 to XP?

That is why the test is outdated. If you are looking for something more beneficial, many people are using the windows 7 exam to fulfill their client os part of the MCSA/E.
  • Options
    KrolikKrolik Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went to the one that was closest to me which was Naperville IL. That may have been a mistake. I plan to go to Madison Wisconsin next time. I still feel they got my test incorrect at the Naperville Location.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    They won't have got your test wrong. It also says at the top of the screen what exam you are doing. If it was implementation and deployment heavy it will have been the 270 as Devilsbane said. You can't really moan at old questions when you are sitting an old exam.

This exam will be useful if you are still supporting XP and will give you good background info on the historical RIS method of deployment. WDS rocks in comparison! It's probably beneficial to understand these older methods since it's a safe bet they are still in use in many companies. If it's more up to date solutions you want to study, then do the 680.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    I went to the one that was closest to me which was Naperville IL. That may have been a mistake. I plan to go to Madison Wisconsin next time. I still feel they got my test incorrect at the Naperville Location.

What does the score report say? If you took the wrong test then that should have the wrong test listed.

They also have you verify to make sure you are taking the correct test.