If this test is so easy....

MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
How come the pros on this site with numerous certificates don't have this certifcate? If it only takes two weeks to study for, if you have already gotten your net+, how come I don't see to many people with Inet+ next to there name. Is this certificate that useless? I'm asking this because as I was purchasing my CCNA books, wich I'm currently now studying for, I went through this book and found the material interesting. Yes it looked easy, but it looked fun too. Mabye I might get this next after CCNA for fun, but should I put it on my resume? Not that I'm looking for a job, but just to have my resume updated.

Comments

• NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    iNet+ was my first cert that I attained back in 2001. I took the test because I was highly interested in web technologies and a little networking. But since then I haven't really seen where it helps me a whole a lot. If your into web designing this exam will help you build a good foundation.
  • drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is easy. It is not a respected as other Comptia certs. It still costs $200 to take it. I only did it because my employer paid for it. I probably would not have paid out of my own pocket to take this, just not worth the investment.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just check out this link.

http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/comptia/i-net.asp

As you can see the the Cost Effective to Obtain is high.
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's cost-effective and it is an easy Cert to get! I took it today and was in and out in 25 mins.

Very few Network+ Q's on it, some html, some client/server side scripting Q's.. basically a little bit of everything :)

Am I glad I took it? Well, I believe it's getting me one step closer to where I want to get!

Why doesn't everone take it? I don't believe everyone needs to take it; it is entry level/basic - if you're already established/working in the IT field, this will probably not help you a great deal, but if you want to get your foot in the door - every little helps.. esp for the $ .

DWise
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great