Cisco iphone apps

Lees9Lees9 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I want to make a change and I am looking to take the CCNA exam . I am new to all this and want to get the best possible advantage and help and I was wondering if the iphone apps is a good idea to get ?

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The what? The only IPHONE app I used to help me study was flash card applications.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Lees9Lees9 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here are a few that I looked at
    (1) Cisco M-Learning Viewer
    (2) iCertify
    (3) CCNA Exam Prep
    (4) CCENT Exam Prep ICND
  • mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    you could telnet into your device and practice commands while you are away from your lab......
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use some of the Pearson Education Cisco Flash Card apps on my iPod Touch for review.

Wiley Publishing has CCNA Flash Cards from Sybex. Those must be relatively new because I haven't seen them before.

You can check out the sample decks from both for free, and if you like the app/info you can buy the rest of the desks.

I also have the QoS and CCVP Exam Prep packs from Tech 2000 Inc that I use to keep fresh on those topics.

I've also got a bunch of my old note/flash cards loaded into a Flash Card App. gFlashPro is the one I loaded my cards into via it's Google Docs integration. I also have some of the Cisco decks people made available that iFlipr can download. I also have iSRS on my iPod Touch because of it's Mnemosyne integration. Hum -- I also have ACE Flashcards and a couple Cisco decks that I don't recognize, so it probably has some integration with another web based flash card system.

It does look like Apple has removed the "**** Apps" to **** on the exams that had been for sale. icon_cheers.gif

I use iFiles, DocsToGo, iFile and Air Files to store study docs, pdfs, videos, books, etc on my iPod Touch.

I use Air Video to access and play (and convert) video stored on my network for my iPod Touch.

Oh -- and I have the Kindle versions of Routing TCP/IP Volumes 1 and 2 loaded on my Kindle DX and 6" 3rd Generation and the Kindle app on my iPod Touch.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Go to the appstore and search for Subnetting and there is a great free app from by Relaity press called subnetting Question Generator.

Very handy for do your subnetting on teh move.

Kev
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    I haven't used any of the apps specifically for Cisco studies yet. Unfortunately they weren't out yet when I was studying. I wish they had been though! There are plenty of subnetting apps that could help you out. I don't recommend a particular one but I have maybe 5 installed on my phone and all of them have been helpful (usually as a general/overall understanding tool).
    mark076h wrote: »
    you could telnet into your device and practice commands while you are away from your lab......
    icon_eek.gif One should use ssh and not telnet when accessing your gear from another network. Otherwise your login info can be sniffed using wireshark/etherreal/etc as telnet sends everything in plaintext.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CiskHo wrote: »
    icon_eek.gif One should use ssh and not telnet when accessing your gear from another network. Otherwise your login info can be sniffed using wireshark/etherreal/etc as telnet sends everything in plaintext.

One should use SSH period. :D
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I figure if someones broken my IPSec or SSL VPNs I have other issues more important to deal with than someone having remote access to my lab because I used telnet.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    +1 on the ssl vpn! love those asa's! Has anyone tried the phone client for ssl vpn yet?
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I bought the CCENT study guide app yesterday. I think its really nice. It has topology maps to help one understand the question, and also has really good descriptions of the correct answers.

But as far as apps go; apps are not much fun on an original iPhone rocking the 2G Network.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like/use Cisco flash card apps on my iPod touch

I also have a an app that lets me telnet or ssh into my lab

We use ssh at work. I have used it in my lab, but have never found the time or need to set it up for all my equipment. Not saying it's a bad idea to use ssh in a home lab, I just haven't done it yet.
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I hate to dig up an old thread, but if anyone wants a great little app, there is one that I use call "binary game". It basically just gives you number after number to figure out in binary, which helps with subnetting and really helps finding a boolean and.icon_thumright.gif It's only .99 cents, and there is a daily challenge that you can see if you can get a better time with everyone else that uses the app every day icon_mrgreen.gif