Options

Networking Jobs UK

bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,
Currently been in my job about a year and a half, as an IT Technician. Desktop support type role within a University.
Ive got a Degree in IT and recently passed my Cisco CCNA. Looking to try and get a junior networking role, but struggling to find any. I live in Wales currently but there seems to be very few IT jobs that seem right for me.

Any ideas on where to look for this type of networking job, as most seem to want you to have experience, and all ive got with hands on experience is my small lab of routers/switches, and what i did in uni on similar stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    Hi bomber

I live in the midlands and like you recently passed CCNA, got my degree some time ago and work as an IT technician. Been in my current job for around 6 years but it was a comfortable position and with family commitments it was ideal. Now I wanna start looking into bigger and better things but the job market seems quite dry lately.

Just wanted to let you know that your not the only one in that position !

Good luck
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    There is not much that appears on the jobsites from network positions in South Wales but the roles are out there, is it only netorking you can do? beause it migh be worth looking at getting in with one of the councils then moving into networking from other IT areas maybe there are also quite a few data ceneters in and arround Cardiff, and of course BT have large operations in the City, and you have Logica in Brigend, DVLA (seiemans) in Sewansea and all the welsh assembly postions, these irc all use Cisco kit. I would be inclined to contact companies directly tbh be honest as I check the job sites everyday and have done for years and very little comes up.