Options

Hard time finding work in SFBay! Urggh

So what am I lacking here. I've been working in IT for 10 years now and have been unemployed like a lot of other people here. I live in the SF Bay area were competition is undoubtedly fierce. Out of hundreds of resumes sent, I've received one call from a recruiter who was mearly fishing. This job search is insane!

What does everyone think of my resume. Any room for improvement? Suggestions welcome! I am lacking the college degree, but I have more than enough experience. I was lucky to get in when I did. But now I'm wondering if thats why no one is calling me back.

Network Engineer | LAN/WAN Manager | Network Administrator
I am a result driven IT Professional with extensive experience in the engineering, administration and support of IT systems. I have extensive hands on experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN networking systems. I am seek a position that will be challenging and expand upon my existing knowledge that I have acquired over the past 10 years.
Technical Expertise

Systems:
Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, Windows 90/98/2000/XP Desktop
Languages:
PHP5, MySQL Scripting
Software:
Exchange 2000/2003, Symantec Anti-Virus, Outlook, Microsoft Office, Symantec Backup Exec, Quickbooks Pro, Dreamweaver, Photoshop
Hardware:
Routers (Cisco, Adtran), Cisco Switches(L2 and L3), SonicWall Firewalls, Netscreen 5GT Firewalls, IBM LTO Tape Libraries, Barracuda Spam Filters, Network Copiers (Xerox, Canon, Panasonic), Cisco IP Phones
Networking:
DNS, WINS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, FTP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP,TCP/IP, HSRP, Frame Relay, VPN
Professional Experience

Devknob Web Media – Anaheim, CA
Professional web design and development company that works with small to medium sized companies creating custom e-commerce solutions and search engine optimization.
PHP Web Developer (Dec 2008 – Present)
Designed and maintained multiple client websites, as well as developed client facing applications for e-commerce and custom payment solutions integration. Increased customer website visibility through ongoing SEO campaigns as well as pay-per-click solutions.
Accomplishments:
· Designed a custom solution for clients to be able to track campaign performance for call based and internet based leads.
· Created and maintained an organic SEO campaign that increased customer conversions by 50% and site traffic by 280%.

OCLS LLC – Mission Viejo, CA
A network consulting company based in Orange County California that deals with small to large sized clients on a contract basis, providing systems and network design and support.
Network Engineer (Jan 2003 – Dec 200icon_cool.gif
Provided support to company clients both for systems and network support. Performed client network upgrades replacing legacy equipment with newer equipment and ensure proper functionality. Configured remote VPNs for remote access site connectivity, and ensure proper domain connectivity. Implemented new network designs, performed client network migrations while documenting the procedures.

Accomplishments:
· Implemented several successful network integrations via redistribution between different routing domains after a client corporate buyout, and implemented HSRP to bring network downtime down to almost 0%.
· Implemented policy based routing solutions for several clients with redundant internet connections to provide load sharing, and QOS for increased network performance.
· Designed, managed and maintained a large Windows Server 2000/2003 mixed environment and supported several hundred users.
· Setup VPN connectivity solutions with mixed vendor hardware including SonicWall, Cisco, and Adtran Routers, and administered user security policies across the VPN.
· Implemented Barracuda Web and Spam Filtering products to help eliminate spam email, and increase employee productivity.
· Implemented a VOIP solution with Cisco IP Phones over a VPN that enabled the customer to reduce their long distance phone bill, and configured QOS to increase the quality of the voice data over the link.

IBN Electronics, Inc. – Irvine, CA
Wholesale distributor of excess and obsolete semiconductors and other electronic components that are sold online.
Network Administrator (2002 – 2003)
Performed maintenance and upgrades on the networking and server equipment. Ensured that proper reliable backup of the MSSQL and Web Server were in place. Provided technical support to office employees, and ensured the ongoing smooth operation of the IT Infrastructure. Managed and maintained user security on the network, and implement new efficient networking solutions as approved by management.

Accomplishments:
· Upgraded the Microsoft Domain from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 and Migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 to increase client performance.
· Migrated to a new office building and redesigned the network from the ground up, replaced all hubs with Cisco Switches for faster throughput and scalability.
· Resolved multiple issues with network systems that increased business productivity.

San Juan Capistrano USD - Ladera Ranch, CA
A Local school district located in South Orange County that maintains a large network that interconnects each campus location.
IT Helpdesk Technician (2001 – 2002)
Provided desktop support to teachers and faculty throughout the school district. Installed and configured new client desktops and assist students with access to school network resources. Assisted in the setup of several wired and wireless network expansions across school campuses.

Digivent Inc - Irvine, CA
A small technology start-up company that provided streaming media services for corporate clients as well as video editing and web development.
Network Administrator (1999 – 2000)
Ensured the proper functionality of the company’s networking equipment and servers. Provided phone technical support to the company’s end user clients. Ensured and monitored network backups of mission critical servers. Maintained Cisco routers and switches and guaranteed reliability for the company’s video broadcasts.

Accomplishments:
· Designed a network to handle live video streams from remote concert events via ISDN connections.
· Implemented a Point-to-Point Frame Relay solution to connect the central office to the company server farm.
· Recognized for quickly troubleshooting network issues and providing cost effective solutions on a minimal budget.

Lab Assistant Internship - Saugus High School - Saugus, CA (1998 – 1999)
Managed a Cisco equipment lab on campus. Participated in several large campus wiring projects. Researched and advised the school technology board of new equipment purchases required by the staff and implemented the technology. Provided technical support to teachers and staff when technical issues arose.
Professional Certifications and Education
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Completed 2001
Currently Pursuing Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Saddleback Community College, Mission Viejo, California (2002 – 2002)
Major: Computer Science
Coursework completed in C++ Programming.

Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    for me its unclear what job you are after on your cv
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    for starters, you've made a typo in the intro.

"I am seek a position". seeking*

simple grammatical errors may be deterring employers to even read the rest of your resume after seeing a typo like that.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    There was an earlier thread about professional resume writing services, you sir, could use one. It took me longer than hiring manager will take to figure out what the bulk of your experience is in and where you want to go. Do you want to stay in web development or return to setting up cisco and adtran routers? If your don't have a cover letter, write one. Since you have two really separate skills (development and admin) you need to distinguish those skills so that people who are looking for an admin dont think your only a developer, and people looking for a developer dont think your only an admin.

Off the cuff, the education should be on top and the systems on the bottom. Thats just my humble opinion though.
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    There was an earlier thread about professional resume writing services, you sir, could use one. It took me longer than hiring manager will take to figure out what the bulk of your experience is in and where you want to go. Do you want to stay in web development or return to setting up cisco and adtran routers? If your don't have a cover letter, write one. Since you have two really separate skills (development and admin) you need to distinguish those skills so that people who are looking for an admin dont think your only a developer, and people looking for a developer dont think your only an admin.

Off the cuff, the education should be on top and the systems on the bottom. Thats just my humble opinion though.

Well I want to get back to the networking arena. I have been doing web development solely because I was out of work and it was income. It is not my passion however. So that being said I dont want to leave a huge gap in my resume. And I kept the position description considerably shorter since I don't want it to draw away from my experience.

Should I take it out all together? Is the resume too wordy? I'm trying to make it pretty straight forward really.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    for me its unclear what job you are after on your cv

Trying to get back into the networking arena. Network administrator / network engineer.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which are in the SFBay are you looking? I might be able to help if you are in the Northern Bay Area.
  • Options
    Which are in the SFBay are you looking? I might be able to help if you are in the Northern Bay Area.

I live in East San Jose, but with the transit system here being ok, I dont mind having to commute as far as Walnut Creek/Oakland/San Francisco. I've been staying away from things farther up like San Rafael, Napa, Etc.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's a decent resume mate. I'd:

1. Put the certs and education at the top. Plus work on the certs, one of the best way to make sure HR schmucks notice your resume from the pile.
    2. Change the font to Trebuchet MS, best one IMO.
    3. Redo that Profile/Objective section. Currently it looks like the preface from a book.
    4. Clearly state what kind of position you are seeking. This is currently absent and would make the HR dud wonder if this dewd's even applied for the job he intended to.
    5. Additionally, I also noticed all your job titles are Network Adminstrator/Engineer but your experience is a mix of Servers/Network. IMO it'd also make more sense to write Network/Systems Engineer and if asked explain that your job entailed administering servers/network gear, hence the job title. Call it tweaking or what you will, but you got to score a job. Nothing wrong with it.

Really hope this helps. A person with your kind of experience shouldnt be out a job for long.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    That's a decent resume mate. I'd:

1. Put the certs and education at the top. Plus work on the certs, one of the best way to make sure HR schmucks notice your resume from the pile.
    2. Change the font to Trebuchet MS, best one IMO.
    3. Redo that Profile/Objective section. Currently it looks like the preface from a book.
    4. Clearly state what kind of position you are seeking. This is currently absent and would make the HR dud wonder if this dewd's even applied for the job he intended to.
    5. Additionally, I also noticed all your job titles are Network Adminstrator/Engineer but your experience is a mix of Servers/Network. IMO it'd also make more sense to write Network/Systems Engineer and if asked explain that your job entailed administering servers/network gear, hence the job title. Call it tweaking or what you will, but you got to score a job. Nothing wrong with it.

Really hope this helps. A person with your kind of experience shouldnt be out a job for long.

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it. One of my downfalls is my lack of *nix experience. I know the basics but I've been noticing a great deal of positions require extensive experience with Solaris, HP-UX and the like. I can't even begin to describe how many positions are open that seem to require a plethora of different vendor skills. It's a shame though, because while I might have 75% of the requirements met, I'm generally lacking specific experience with certain vendor hardware or software that is required of the position. I am a very fast learner especially with hands on.

Then again I think a lot of these job postings are written by HR departments that have employees that have a hard time understanding how to boot up a computer in the first place. Ha Ha
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    millworx wrote: »
    Then again I think a lot of these job postings are written by HR departments that have employees that have a hard time understanding how to boot up a computer in the first place. Ha Ha

HR = The bane of civilization.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    howiehandleshowiehandles Member Posts: 148

Absolutely agree with the cover letter part. If anything, the cover letter is at least as important as the resume. The CL is what is going to hook the HR person or recruiter. If you fumble that part, your resume won't matter. They're not going to spend much time looking at your resume, so that first impression, the CL, has to grab them.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey dude,

I have had the pleasure of going through hundreds of resumes lately right here in SF. And I have MCSEs and CCNPs lining up for $45-50k. So it’s fierce out there. No lack of people willing to work for pennies on the dollar, and they work hard. Several of our new guys put somewhere over 10 hours a week off the clock to keep their hourly billing rate at an impressive level. It sucks to have to compete with that, all I am saying I agree.

Right now we have a CCNP and a VCP working in our help desk with me.

Right off the bat, I can tell you are behind the times. You are missing virtualization! You need to sit yourself down asap and get Hyper-V, XenServer or Vmware on your resume right now. And I mean, now! Get on ebay, buy some training materials and start downloading trial versions. Our most Green Guys use Parallels and Workstation day to day.

I gotta admit, I find your resume patronizing to me. Ill point out a few examples.

Under Systems -
    In this section you mention Windows NT and Windows 9x. Drop them. NOOOO one cares at this point. Unless the job posting specifically asks for this legacy technology, drop it.

Languages –
    Multiculturalism is a huge thing in the Bay Area. You've made a small faux-pas for SF culture. You need to be specific, programming languages. Non-technical people would find the entry misleading and confusing.

Software -
    Administration of Exchange, Photoshop and QuickBooks are WHOLE other levels from eachother.I feel they shouldn’t be grouped like that.

Secondly, everyone knows Office on their resume. Everyone. Drop it OR Tell me you really know office if you really want to list it. “Supported an offline reporting jobs for access” , “Migrated 500+ comps to Office 2010 via GPOs” or “Handled Excel Macro issues for 200 end users during the office 2003 to 2010 conversion”. Otherwise I assume you can make a chart in Excel and move NK2 files around.

Hardware -
    Ensure you customize this grocery list. Know the job you’re applying for. A senior Cisco engineering shouldn’t be listing Xerox copiers. Again I would research the company ahead of time. No use making the guy read more than “Cisco PIX/ASA” if that is all he wants to read.

Networking –
    Consider consolidation of your hardware and networking sections. Networking should no doubt include Cisco IOS/routers. One other thing about this section, this is the section that really patronizes me. 10 years experience and you FTP listed as a skill? DNS? I would hope you know what these things are. If you have a great DNS or FTP accomplishment, save it for the interview or list it under the job.

I think you job descriptions could be more specific. Don’t tell me you did redistribution, NOW is your chance to tell me how/why your routing protocols works. “Redistributed multipath EIGRP into OSPF during our OSPF conversion with Cisco and juniper routers.” Bring me more into the challenges you have overcame day to day.

Anyhow, best of luck.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Have you considered moving out of the broken with no fix in sight state that is California? Is something keeping you tied down?
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Have you considered moving out of the broken with no fix in sight state that is California? Is something keeping you tied down?

Yes I've been considering it very heavily actually. The only thing tying me to this god forsaken state is my girlfriend who loves it here. Though she is starting to come around to the idea of moving too.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    millworx wrote: »
    Yes I've been considering it very heavily actually. The only thing tying me to this god forsaken state is my girlfriend who loves it here. Though she is starting to come around to the idea of moving too.

Not to thread jack, but I have a question in the opposite direction; I was thinking of moving to either San Diego or SF in like 5-6 years from DC/MD. I definitely know the direction I want to take and will be somewhat into my career by then. I know the competition has always been fierce but do you guys think that post recession things will look up enough for it to be a justified decision? (single, no kids)
  • Options
    Also not to thread jack, but I thought that with Silicon Valley and all, California would be a place with lots of tech jobs? I have a friend who lives in San Diego who hasnt been unemployed since 2007 and he thinks there's plenty of work, he's a database guy BTW.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Essendon wrote: »
    Also not to thread jack, but I thought that with Silicon Valley and all, California would be a place with lots of tech jobs? I have a friend who lives in San Diego who hasnt been unemployed since 2007 and he thinks there's plenty of work, he's a database guy BTW.

You'd think California would be IT heaven.

There's still a lot of work, but it's a challenge to get in.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm in the Bay Area and I posted my resume on Dice a while back just to see what kind of things recruiters will call me for unsolicited. My experience has been somewhat the opposite of yours - I've been getting calls and e-mails at least once a day (although sometimes different recruiters contact me for the exact same position). My industry experience level (measured strictly by years) is roughly the same as yours.

I only quickly glanced at your resume since I'm just passing through right now, but it looks like you definitely need to tune it a bit. For example, what's Windows 90? Something like that would be a huge red flag for me if I were going through piles of resumes.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    docrice wrote: »
    I'm in the Bay Area and I posted my resume on Dice a while back just to see what kind of things recruiters will call me for unsolicited. My experience has been somewhat the opposite of yours - I've been getting calls and e-mails at least once a day (although sometimes different recruiters contact me for the exact same position). My industry experience level (measured strictly by years) is roughly the same as yours.

I only quickly glanced at your resume since I'm just passing through right now, but it looks like you definitely need to tune it a bit. For example, what's Windows 90? Something like that would be a huge red flag for me if I were going through piles of resumes.

It's pretty easy/common to get calls from headhunters if you're on Monster, Careerbuilder, Dice, etc. And yes...sometimes even for the same position (this got really annoying). Me personally, I consider them lower quality positions...and would rather just skip the middleman. I would also rather sell myself to an employer, instead of having some stranger scrape up something for me that could only last anywhere from 3-12 months.

Agreed on the resume tweaking though. After you've done it a few times, you'll look back at your originals its not uncommon to say "What was I thinking?" Good luck.
  • Options
    Just to clear up what I said earlier, I think you should use a professional resume writing service not because your resume sucks (its not outstanding either) but it seems that you have a lot of great experience and I think your resume is holding you back. Like someone alluded too, its a knife fight out there, you need to do serious salesmanship to get your foot in the door. If you balk at paying, find a lawyer or MBA friend to look it over. The training for those careers includes a lot of reading and writing of professional material, they could probably help pretty it up.
  • Options
    myedjo24myedjo24 Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OBJECTIVE

I am a result driven IT professional with extensive experience in the engineering, administration and support of IT systems. I have extensive hands on experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN networking systems. I am seeking a position that will be challenging and expand upon my existing knowledge that I have acquired over the past 10 years.

SKILLED WITH THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:

Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, Windows 90/98/2000/XP Desktop
    Languages: PHP5, MySQL Scripting
    Software: Exchange 2000/2003, Symantec Anti-Virus, Outlook, Microsoft Office, Symantec Backup Exec, Quickbooks Pro, Dreamweaver, Photoshop
    Hardware: Routers (Cisco, Adtran), Cisco Switches(L2 and L3), SonicWall Firewalls, Netscreen 5GT Firewalls, IBM LTO Tape Libraries, Barracuda Spam Filters, Network Copiers (Xerox, Canon, Panasonic), Cisco IP Phones
    Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, FTP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP,TCP/IP, HSRP, Frame Relay, VPN
    PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Devknob Web Media – Anaheim, CA
    Professional web design and development company that works with small to medium sized companies creating custom e-commerce solutions and search engine optimization.
    PHP Web Developer (Dec 2008 – Present)
    Designed and maintained multiple client websites, as well as developed client facing applications for e-commerce and custom payment solutions integration. Increased customer website visibility through ongoing SEO campaigns as well as pay-per-click solutions.
    Accomplishments:
    · Designed a custom solution for clients to be able to track campaign performance for call based and internet based leads.
    · Created and maintained an organic SEO campaign that increased customer conversions by 50% and site traffic by 280%.

OCLS LLC – Mission Viejo, CA
    A network consulting company based in Orange County California that deals with small to large sized clients on a contract basis, providing systems and network design and support.
    Network Engineer (Jan 2003 – Dec 2000)I provided support to company clients both for systems and network support. Performed client network upgrades replacing legacy equipment with newer equipment and ensure proper functionality. Configured remote VPNs for remote access site connectivity, and ensure proper domain connectivity. Implemented new network designs, performed client network migrations while documenting the procedures.
    Accomplishments:
    · Implemented several successful network integrations via redistribution between different routing domains after a client corporate buyout, and implemented HSRP to bring network downtime down to almost 0%.
    · Implemented policy based routing solutions for several clients with redundant internet connections to provide load sharing, and QOS for increased network performance.
    · Designed, managed and maintained a large Windows Server 2000/2003 mixed environment and supported several hundred users.
    · Setup VPN connectivity solutions with mixed vendor hardware including SonicWall, Cisco, and Adtran Routers, and administered user security policies across the VPN.
    · Implemented Barracuda Web and Spam Filtering products to help eliminate spam email, and increase employee productivity.
    · Implemented a VOIP solution with Cisco IP Phones over a VPN that enabled the customer to reduce their long distance phone bill, and configured QOS to increase the quality of the voice data over the link.

IBN Electronics, Inc. – Irvine, CA
    Wholesale distributor of excess and obsolete semiconductors and other electronic components that are sold online.
    Network Administrator (2002 – 2003)Performed maintenance and upgrades on the networking and server equipment. Ensured that proper reliable backup of the MSSQL and Web Server were in place. Provided technical support to office employees, and ensured the ongoing smooth operation of the IT Infrastructure. Managed and maintained user security on the network, and implement new efficient networking solutions as approved by management.
    Accomplishments:
    · Upgraded the Microsoft Domain from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 and Migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 to increase client performance.
    · Migrated to a new office building and redesigned the network from the ground up, replaced all hubs with Cisco Switches for faster throughput and scalability.
    · Resolved multiple issues with network systems that increased business productivity.

San Juan Capistrano USD - Ladera Ranch, CA
    A Local school district located in South Orange County that maintains a large network that interconnects each campus location.
    IT Helpdesk Technician (2001 – 2002)Provided desktop support to teachers and faculty throughout the school district. Installed and configured new client desktops and assist students with access to school network resources. I also assisted in the setup of several wired and wireless network expansions across school campuses.

Digivent Inc - Irvine, CA
    A small technology start-up company that provided streaming media services for corporate clients as well as video editing and web development.
    Network Administrator (1999 – 2000)
    Ensured the proper functionality of the company’s networking equipment and servers. Provided phone technical support to the company’s end user clients. Ensured and monitored network backups of mission critical servers. Maintained Cisco routers and switches and guaranteed reliability for the company’s video broadcasts.
    Accomplishments:
    · Designed a network to handle live video streams from remote concert events via ISDN connections.
    · I implemented a Point-to-Point Frame Relay solution to connect the central office to the company server farm.
    · Recognized for quickly troubleshooting network issues and providing cost effective solutions on a minimal budget.

Lab Assistant Internship - Saugus High School - Saugus, CA (1998 – 1999)
    Managed a Cisco equipment lab on campus. I participated in several large campus wiring projects. Researched and advised the school technology board of new equipment purchases required by the staff and implemented the technology. I also provided technical support to teachers and staff when technical issues arose.

PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Completed 2001
    Currently Pursuing Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
    Saddleback Community College, Mission Viejo, California (2002 – 2002)
    Major: Computer Science
    Coursework completed in C++ Programming.

REFERENCES
  • Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan of having an OBJECTIVE in a resume. Everyone knows your objective is to get a job, do your job and get a pay check! ;)
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not a fan of having an OBJECTIVE in a resume. Everyone knows your objective is to get a job, do your job and get a pay check! ;)

I agree. I normally put in more of a summary of where I am in my career but without putting Summaryicon_mad.gifyz.....

I guess it would be considered more of a headline.
  • Options
    The objective and a lot of competencies I put in my cover letter. Listing competencies...I am not sure about the guidance on this. I don't do it anymore, I prefer to let my cover letter and experience work that out for me.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    myedjo24 wrote: »
    Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, Windows 90/98/2000/XP Desktop

Two things.

1) Leave out "Windows 90" (especially since it never existed and I believe that was mentioned to you already... :) ) If you are insistent on leaving Windows 9x, then just put Windows 9x/2000/XP...this way you can include Windows 95 and 98. Though seriously, you'll want to get your hands on Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 as you will see some migrations down the road in 2011-2012.

2) Leave References out of the resume. It is assumed that you have them and will provide them upon request.
  • Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    Yep, I am having a hard time moving back to the bay area myself. I've been trying ever since I got some experience under my belt. What seems to be the key for me is to get more exposure in other technologies that we don't really touch, CCIE, and be a Network Architect in our company. We'll see how it goes.