Options

Passed with 890/900

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
Title says it all. I was surprised to see an 890 as I had 20 questions marked for review that I wasn't 100% sure. I spent 25 minutes answering the 100 questions. I spent 15 more going over the 20 marked ones. The results sheet said that I answered incorrectly the following objectives: "apply tools to facilitate network security" and "explain physical access security methods. I know what I did wrong with the physical stuff but wonder what happened with the network tools. Not like it really matters now.

Having said that, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Darril Gibson's book is the ultimate resource for this test. The style and flow are simply amazing. The big font also helps. I skimmed through the Sybex book and found a lot more material but it is definitely NOT essential for the test. For example, the Sybex book talks about more than 7 types of viruses etc. The test doesn't really care about every single type of virus. You just need to know its characteristics and how it differs from other threats.

I got the book a few days before Thanksgiving and read it over the long weekend. I got a 78% in the pre-assessment. After reading I got an 88% in the final assessment. I then took the pre-assessment again and scored 90%. That's a clear indication that you are ready for the exam.

Having done 4 Windows 2008 exams this year, Sec+ was just refreshing. I am done for 2010. I will take 70-680 in February to complete the MCITP-EA and then move on to CCNA. There's a chance m

My employer will pay for CISSP training and cert so if that happens CCNA will have to wait. We'll see.

P.S. Thanks to everyone here for your support.

Comments

• Options
    futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    grats man. I wish I could get my hands on this Gibson book. Everyone is saying its the best thing for this. I liked Meyer's prose before so hopefully it will serve me well.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats with the pass! Extra thumbs up for the super nice score icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with finishing your MCITP trek.. something I may get into after my completing Sec+

grats man. I wish I could get my hands on this Gibson book. Everyone is saying its the best thing for this. I liked Meyer's prose before so hopefully it will serve me well.

It's easy to get Gibson's book, just order it from Amazon:
    Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books

The Kindle version is also only $9.99
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the great score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    holy poop that's a sweet score, great job man
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Talk about some niceness...congrats on that! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    Congrats on the high score. i got a 82 on both the pre and post assessments. I`m going to re-read the two chapters where i need to brush up on and go for it. Congrats again.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    rjimenez917rjimenez917 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking my in about 2 hours, nervous as heck.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm taking my in about 2 hours, nervous as heck.

Best of luck, don't let the nerves get to you. Just take the exam one question at a time.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    jvhall83jvhall83 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats dude. that is very motivating and inspiring. keep up the good work.