Options

Amazon Book Trade In

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Don't know if anyone posted this, but if you need some extra cash try the Amazon Book Trade In. Type in the ISBN and they will give you an amount. You get paid in Amazon Gift Cards and my sister was very successful. I traded in a bunch of IT books and some video games, netted myself $417 for Christmas :)

Amazon.com: Textbook Buyback
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I can vouch for their trade in program from personal experience. The wife and I just unloaded a bunch of DVDs & Wii/DS/PS3 games a couple of weeks ago, both for the extra cash, and to free up shelf space. I shipped them all out - postage paid by Amazon through UPS - the Monday before Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving I got an email stating that all items had arrived, and were verified to be in good condition. The money was tied to my Amazon account as a gift card amount, and we've been using it for Christmas shopping.

Overall, it was a good experience, and I'd definitely use them again. I feel like we got a decent amount for our games, especially. I know Gamestop would've given us a fraction of what Amazon did, in most cases.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good find icon_cheers.gif Going to use my extra money on some ccnp lab books :)
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I looked at it, and found out I can get $200 for my books.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Good find! I do too much shopping on Amazon anyway. ;)
  • Options
    mintoriamintoria Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good find!I am looking at it. The whole activity seems be highly remarked.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    ahh this is great. I am going to do this for sure. I have all my old school books and archaic text books that need to go.

I just put in one of my books, and it does not look like I will get much back, but its better than them being crammed into my book shelf never to be read again.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow great post, will look into doing this.

Oh hell I got books for classes that I no longer need and I hardly used. Processing a list now.
  • Options
    joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    Thank you for this post :)
  • Options
    Printed out a shipping label, getting $124.64 thanks a ton.

Should buy me several cases of diapers for my son.
  • Options
    I just gathered all my old stuff between my wifes medical books and my tech books and a couple games we netted $360.00

Thanks again OP!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Trust my luck here, got a bunch of older C++ books from when I was in school. Can't find a single one that they'll buy. icon_sad.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm tempted to send out e-mails to some of my teachers to see if they have any unmarked complementary textbook copies that they don't want. (Getting $50 for an unmarked complementary textbook a teacher gave me a few years back)
  • Options
    exampasser wrote: »
    I'm tempted to send out e-mails to some of my teachers

As soon as I officially get my money I am going to announce on my work placeless "swapshop" e-mail group.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So I shipped my box on the 7th and I received my money today. Out of $417, they gave me $350. Part of that is my mistake for putting one of the books twice. They complained about the condition of some books, which I didn't agree with, but very happy with everything thus far.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Props to OP. I got $126, all accepted within 3 days of shipping. That return ended up going to CEH books haha.
  • Options
    AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got $106 dollars on my return, spent it on a Sonic Toothbrush, Sony 8gb Memory Card and the CCNP Route Lab Guide. Big props to the OP! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Question - Amazon received my books, and some of mine were not accepted see below

CompTIA Security+ Exam Cram (2 1 ISBN: 078973804X $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item
    2 CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Ex 1 ISBN: 0071614877 $19.96 Gift Card Deposited
    3 Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ 1 ISBN: 0071614834 $31.25 Gift Card Deposited
    4 The Real World Network Trouble 1 ISBN: 1584503483 $0.65 Gift Card Deposited
    5 How the Internet Works (8th Ed 1 ISBN: 0789736268 $5.05 Gift Card Deposited
    6 Microsoft Office 2007 Illustra 1 ISBN: 1423905598 $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item
    7 Administrative Medical Assisti 1 ISBN: 1418064114 $33.75 Gift Card Deposited
    8 Workbook to Accompany Administ 1 ISBN: 1418064122 $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item

My question is, does "Returned" mean they are sending my book back to me or am I kinda screwed?

Here is what my e-mail said.

An Amazon.com Gift Card for the quoted amount will appear in your Amazon.com account for items accepted by the merchant. Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in-list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant and may not be returned to you. All other items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt. Reasons why items may be returned include: damaged items, missing UPC, missing materials such as artwork or manuals, and items postmarked later than 7 days after submission.

I kinda of confused by the above statement. The first sentence I bolded seems to say I will not get anything back, and the second seems to have some hope of me getting something back..

Nonetheless, I still got $304.00 out of books I will never look at again, but I would like to at-least get the books back, but if not I think I can live without them lol

Thanks in adv.
  • Options
    Got my gift cards credited a few days ago, Amazon had a sale on diapers with free two days shipping. Big ol box of diapers just arrived via FedEx a little while ago.