Options

Prometric/Vue Testing

mtdewmtdew Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a quick question (I hope). On black Friday I took the A+ 701 exam and passed. I plan on taking the 702 Exam tomorrow. The first time I took the test I scheduled an appointment using Prometric. The testing center does not offer the A+ test on Thursdays through Prometric. However, the same exact testing site allows you to register through Vue and they do allow the test to be taken on Thursdays. So my question is: can I take the first part of the test (as I have) through Prometric and the second part through Vue and be ok? Or do I need to do something special? My reason for asking as I'm a college student and taking it on Thursday would allow me to miss only one class whereas I would miss quite a few more if I have to take it through Prometric on a Friday. Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I'm glad I have a testing center a reasonable drive away that is open Saturday and Sunday! I would think you could register with your Comptia Id with pearson vue. It might still get screwed up and you could end up with two Comptia accounts that they would have to merge. I would think about registering over the phone in this case so you can ask the pertinent questions and make sure you don't have any surprises. You could also call comptia to make sure there will be no issues.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    You could also call comptia to make sure there will be no issues.

Best bet. Make sure you nip it in the butt before a problem might occur. My guess is that you would not be the first person to do this.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    mtdewmtdew Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All I had to do was call CompTIA and they said they would merge the two accounts. Thanks for your help.