Options

Scheduled, here goes nothing.

futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whew, scheduled for Dec 27. Should have enough time to get a book or two done and then some practices and then I have completed the trifecta.

General consensus is that Sec+ 2008 is still a good thing right? Better be since its too late :P

Back to the books. icon_study.gif

Updated Dec 27.
So I passed pretty quickly with an 838. Felt good to get all three in before the end of the year. I guess now I can relax a bit and think about whether to go MS or Cisco in 2011. :D

Thanks for all the advice everyone. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    General consensus is that Sec+ 2008 is still a good thing right?

Ummm....it's lifetime and the updated exam won't be until 2011, but then it's not lifetime.

So yeah, that's a good thing. :)
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck. I hope to take my Security + this month as well.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Good luck. Have you read Darril's book? That's what I used and I passed today.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Good Luck, I will probably schedule my exam on that same day as well. We'll be cramming under the mistletoe Xmas weekend :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    jvhall83jvhall83 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everyone is passing!!! i wanna join the party icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    jvhall83 wrote: »

You CAN DOOO ITTTTT!
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    jvhall83 wrote: »

You know what you have to do to...not that hard, good buddy. Get that Get Certified Get Ahead book and get yo'self a passed screen. :)
  • Options
    Well I am about to go to sleep after some last minute review. Tomorrow I drive 100 miles to go try to complete my trifecta. icon_cheers.gif

I read through Todd Lammle's book after finishing Meyer's and I feel pretty well prepared. icon_study.gif

I have really appreciated the support this forum provides. Its great to see other people succeeding. And the help with differentiating between penetration testing and vulnerability scanning was excellent. bowing.gif

Here's hoping I can join the crew and get another piece of paper for my wall. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif

I will be scheduling mine for next weekend and if all goes well ill join the 'passed sec+ gang'!

Unfortunately I didnt get in quick enough to get sec+ while it is still a lifetime cert due to work constraints icon_sad.gif

Anyways all the best!
  • Options
    Good luck.

Remember, those two guides have been used by others to pass the exam. As I said to you earlier though, Darril's book was more straightforward. However, people have passed this exam without his book (though I would never recommend that....ever!)

You should do fine if you went through both the books you used and retained what you needed to retain. Look forward to seeing a passed thread/post.
  • Options
    pennstate22pennstate22 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine is scheduled for tomm at noon. Read darrils book front to back and used some sybex i hope i pass too!
  • Options
    michaelcoxmichaelcox Member Posts: 105
    good luck guys

Courses Completed at WGU ( 8 ):
    Term 1 (April 2011): EWB2, WSV1, BRV1, BSV1 | Term 2 (October 2011): LET1, ORC1 | Term 3 (April 2012): MGC1, TPV1
    Courses Required Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC ( 8 ):
    BOV1, KET1, WDV1, KFT1, ABV1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone. Was a real booster to see other people succeeding and knowing that it can be done. :)

I didn't go the Darill Gibson route as others had advised but it still worked out okay I think. icon_cool.gif

Now to find a job where I can use the skills I have instead of selling lottery and processing Western Union transactions... icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    Updated Dec 27.
    So I passed pretty quickly with an 838. Felt good to get all three in before the end of the year. I guess now I can relax a bit and think about whether to go MS or Cisco in 2011. :D

Thanks for all the advice everyone. icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on your pass! icon_thumright.gif I hope to pass mine next Saturday.

And go Cisco! it's the only way to go haha!
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone. Was a real booster to see other people succeeding and knowing that it can be done. :)

I didn't go the Darill Gibson route as others had advised but it still worked out okay I think. icon_cool.gif

Now to find a job where I can use the skills I have instead of selling lottery and processing Western Union transactions... icon_twisted.gif

Maybe it's an Oklahoman thing to reinvent the wheel...lol.

No seriously, well done. It wasn't really a suprise to me since you had two guides that others have used as well...

Congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif