Options

AVG is awesome.

2»

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Symantec also reminded us that there was a difference between viruses and spyware. Symantec Antivirus covered us just for viruses and they wanted us to upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    We use AVG Business Security here as well. Did you purchase your licensing through Waytek? Their support is superior to dealing with AVG. I've also had some issues with the 11 upgrade. I just ran the network install and told it not to install the toolbar since is it more pain than it is worth. Also, when you install you can't do a hidden install otherwise it will reboot without user intervention. My biggest grip is that when doing the install (non hidden) it prompts the user for reboot and if they don't reboot basically they have zero protection and a lot of my machines are on 24/7, so I had to go hunt them down. Needless to say when I am done with my 2 years I am done with AVG.

No, we purchased directly. Anyone have news on the new version of ForeFront client protection due in Q4 2010? I'm thinking thats where we will be going soon.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    SteveLord wrote: »
    I use NOD32 here for my office. Couldn't wait until our McAffee contract ended. NOD32 installs quick, uses hardly any resources and updates itself automatically and behind the scenes.

If I were money strapped, I'd use MSE. If Microsoft made a corporate version of that with some extra stuff and at the right price without screwing it up.....I'd do that too. It's the best free AV for home use in my opinion. There really is no reason to pay for antivirus at home anymore.

The updated version of forefront endpoint protection (2010) should be available now. Its what I have on my laptop in trial form.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    netpcdoc wrote: »
    My old job, I talked them into Avast and it had to have been the best av I ever came across. It was lean fast, and efficient. This was ver. 4 back then.

Me likey Avast for home. I almost wish we could deploy it at the office and save a few dimes. Not to mention get free pirate-speak dialog boxes once a year.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hypnotoad wrote: »
    Symantec also reminded us that there was a difference between viruses and spyware. Symantec Antivirus covered us just for viruses and they wanted us to upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection.
    That being the case then Symantec AV/Norton AV are nearly useless in today's malware environment. Traditional viruses are almost non-existent.