Options

Carnegie Mellon CERT training

So anyone who works for Government (I believe) Should be able to sign up for the CERT training from CM. Training and Education Courses

They have tons of resources for DDoD 8570. The part I like the most is they have a lot of "guided" labs. So if you are learning a new skill say for C|EH they have a PDF with a walk through of using the tool in a virtual environment. To make matters better they supply you access to the a virtual environment for the lab!

Thought I would share this information for those of you with a .mil, .gov emails ( I know work) you should look into signing up if you haven't already.
CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA

Comments

• Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for pointing this out. Prices are kinda steep though.

Hopefully this will be a little competition for SANS, and they will lower prices to compete.
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, I have tried to get some of the people that I have worked with to use this as opposed to the Skillsoft training. They got a wide verity of training in there and if anything they put to much information (if that is possible) into there courses. Like ibcritn said it is open to both .gov and .mil for free. This link might work a bit better though: https://www.vte.cert.org/vteWeb/RequestAccess/GetAccess.aspx
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    wastedtime wrote: »
    Yep, I have tried to get some of the people that I have worked with to use this as opposed to the Skillsoft training. They got a wide verity of training in there and if anything they put to much information (if that is possible) into there courses. Like ibcritn said it is open to both .gov and .mil for free. This link might work a bit better though: https://www.vte.cert.org/vteWeb/RequestAccess/GetAccess.aspx

Thanks wastedtime for a more direct link.

If you have .mil/.gov emails this is a resource you don't want to pass up. I took their Network Vulnerability Assessment training, and now doing their CISSP and their videos are on par with what you'll find with Preplogic, CBT Nuggest, etc....the reason why I enjoy their training is the labs they offer...hands on! It makes learning the new technology easy (get your feet wet) then deploy it in your own home lab.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Thanks for sharing guys. I work for my local county and have a .gov email address, so I will definitely give it a try.

Update: Just received an email with my login information. The site and training material look very good.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.