Options

Saic

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does anyone work for or know anyone that works for this company?

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My old company "worked" with them under a contract.
  • Options
    My old company "worked" with them under a contract.

Really? They have some stuff opened up my way and I am trying to decided who to follow up with.
  • Options
    myedjo24myedjo24 Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had three job offers with SAIC, but I turned them down because I didn't want to move to Texas...eek
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    I work for HP and we have some sub contracts with SAIC. From what I was told by a few co workers that work for them they said that its a good company to work for. Especially if you want your foot in the door with Government work.
  • Options
    CrapMasterZeroCrapMasterZero Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I know lots of people who work for SAIC. They are one of the better government support contractors compared to, lets say, Booz Allen. They are more technical (along with MITRE). I would work for them if I wasn't already a govie icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Anyone know anybody with some hiring power lol?

They have a few very interesting positions in my neck of the woods.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just left them not to long ago. Good company as long as you are on a good contract. No so good if you are on a bad one.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    I just left them not to long ago. Good company as long as you are on a good contract. No so good if you are on a bad one.

Interesting. I am trying to find out about a job here. What I am wondering is if they are willing to sponsor clearances for folks who don't have one.
  • Options
    Interesting. I am trying to find out about a job here. What I am wondering is if they are willing to sponsor clearances for folks who don't have one.

For the secret jobs they will sponcer clearances, but its a pain in the ass. The best way to get a clearance is to get a cleaning or security type job.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    For the secret jobs they will sponcer clearances, but its a pain in the ass. The best way to get a clearance is to get a cleaning or security type job.

Cleaning? Like housekeeping?
  • Options
    Cleaning? Like housekeeping?

Yep when I worked in the alphabet gangs the old lady that use to come and clean up had a TS/SCI with CI poly. The people that worked for her had TS/SCI. The music don't stop cause someone has to come get the trash out of a space. Also they were like the last line of defence to make sure nothing classified made it into the trash vs the burn bag where it should be.
    Currently Reading

• Options
    You do not always keep your SCI status as well. It depends on the job / type of information you are handling. If you want your TS its best to find a contractor (Which SAIC, HP Enterprise Services, Northrop Grumman, and many others) will put you through a TS SSBI. My friend got a gov job and only has his secret clerence because he does not need a TS.

Many contractors take people right out of college and set you up. Thats how I got my TS.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So if I got a janitor job at a gov facility and earned my clearance that way I could parlay that into getting an IT job that required a clearance...lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    higherho wrote: »
    You do not always keep your SCI status as well. It depends on the job / type of information you are handling. If you want your TS its best to find a contractor (Which SAIC, HP Enterprise Services, Northrop Grumman, and many others) will put you through a TS SSBI. My friend got a gov job and only has his secret clerence because he does not need a TS.

Many contractors take people right out of college and set you up. Thats how I got my TS.

I see. I haven't graduated yet so maybe getting my AAS will help. Many of the jobs don't have degree requirements and such. I have the certs (almost, I need an operating system cert) I just need an chance to get my foot in the door.
  • Options
    I see. I haven't graduated yet so maybe getting my AAS will help. Many of the jobs don't have degree requirements and such. I have the certs (almost, I need an operating system cert) I just need an chance to get my foot in the door.

I'm sure you will get in. My co workers only have their 2 year degree. However, their company is sub contractor to HP. Since I work for HP Enterprise Services, I needed my B.S.

Many Gov contractors come to career fairs. Though I do live in the NorthEast region and that is a hot area for contractors / Gov work. Its not to difficult to get in and certs do help a lot (You comply with DOD 8500 standards (Security + is needed. CISSP is needed for IT Level 3 and IA level 2 / 3 stuff). but if you are a contractor providing a service then the managers look at people skills first and foremost.

Just keep an eye out and during your last semester just send a ton of resumes to contractor companies. Its also nice to have a friend who already works for one.
  • Options
    I hope so. I've been trying to work for the government since I was 18
  • Options
    7lowe7lowe Member Posts: 178 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I work for them. I was working as a temp on a civilian contract and applied for a permanent position on one of the gov. contracts which required a clearance even though I had none. They made me a conditional offer pending the clearance back in February and I've been waiting ever since. My boss on the civilian contract was nice enough to finally hire me on permanently about a month ago so I could at least get some benefits and holiday pay and stuff.

So, yeah there is a possibility that they'll sponsor you for a clearance, but it's not a fast process by any means.

• Options
    7lowe wrote: »
    I work for them. I was working as a temp on a civilian contract and applied for a permanent position on one of the gov. contracts which required a clearance even though I had none. They made me a conditional offer pending the clearance back in February and I've been waiting ever since. My boss on the civilian contract was nice enough to finally hire me on permanently about a month ago so I could at least get some benefits and holiday pay and stuff.

So, yeah there is a possibility that they'll sponsor you for a clearance, but it's not a fast process by any means.

PM sent.
  • Options
    My TS took 4 and a half months to clear (I was a good boy when I was little lol).