70-680 vs 72-680

koala2kkoala2k Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

As I knew the content are identical between 70- and 72-
But is there 72-680 can count toward to MCITP?

Thanks.

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Hello! I just too this exam today and had the same question the other day. 072-680 is the "student" version. No difference except price. You are getting the student discount, right? Only cost me $60 with a free retake. Yes, it does count towards MCITP:EA

Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification

Oh and welcome to TE!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    koala2k wrote: »
    Hi there,

As I knew the content are identical between 70- and 72-
    But is there 72-680 can count toward to MCITP?

Thanks.

I think this may the same scenario that occurs with the JK0 series with CompTIA exams; I think the 72- is a student discount voucher, the exam will be identical and you still get credit. I'm not a M$ guy by any means but I honestly think this is the case.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 72-680, just like the 73-680, shows up on your transcript as 70-680 and counts toward the MCITP. It just costs less to take the test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • koala2kkoala2k Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow...that's definetly a good news for me...save 50% of the exam fee....icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Thanks for your prompt reply.icon_lol.gif
  • gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the exams with the prefix 072 are academic exams and show up on your transcript as normal exams e.g 072-680 would show up as 070-680
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just wondering about this as well. I see places that sell these vouchers but wonder if you need a student ID to present at the testing center.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    My school doesn't issue a student ID. I brought in my class schedule for Fall 2010 and Spring 2011. They didn't even bother to look at it.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ehnde wrote: »
    My school doesn't issue a student ID. I brought in my class schedule for Fall 2010 and Spring 2011. They didn't even bother to look at it.

Hmmmm. I'm on first name basis with my test center guys now I wonder if I should chance it. Since we all know $25-50 is way better than $125. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.