Messed up : S

FotroFotro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
UGGGHH

Failed my Ccent icon_sad.gif

Got 787 and the passs was 804.... Bit gutted!

I just have a few questions, if ya's don't mind :)

I heard that the pass rate now goes up higher since i have seen the test and know what i'm in for, any truth in that ?

I'm not sure about which route would be better now for me test wise ?
See i origanally only booked the Ccent because i had a 50% voucher off so now im kinda thinking should i do both tests in one???
Or alternatively cram like a mofo take ICND1 again in 2 weeks and make up those few points.........

Just a little background info i finished the network academy CCNA course in like June but am only getting the chance to get the tests down.
But obviously i need to do more study : S

Worked it out if i got one more question right i probably would of got it >.<

And i know where i messed up it was with WLAN.... Thought i knew alot more about htan i actually did (i got 40% in that section) so i presume that was the thing that sank me..

Anyway cheers for reading....

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Fotro wrote: »
    Bit gutted!
    Suck it up and Drive On.

Agonizing about it is just going to prolong the time until your head is clear enough to study and review and go nail that bast...uh, exam.

Luck of the draw on questions could change the emphasis of your next exam -- but you can study the topics (and section) from the exam blueprint sections you scored low on and review everything else.

It's probably just easiest to hit up the ICND1 exam again at $125 a pop than risk an all or nothing $250 CCNA exam.

If you can get over it, you should be able to pass after the mandatory 5 day waiting period between attempts at an exam. If you wait the 2 weeks like you said we're going expect at least a 930+ :D

Go drink some beer, drunken_smilie.gif get over, and then get back to the books icon_study.gif and lab exercises.

Good Luck on the sequel. icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • FotroFotro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HA

Ah don't worry i've already sucked it up lol i failed the test on Friday went on a bender and was doing some study last night haha.....

930+ prob aint gonna happen :P

Yeah i'm gonna schedule a test now then, I think for xmas eve :S cant afford to be taking more time off work :)

Thanks for the advise
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can do it!!!!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Everyone fails at something sometime in their lives, it's how you conduct yourself after that failure which makes you successful... You were close, get right back on that horse, and make it your B.... Well you got the idea... Good luck on your retake!
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Don't get it get you down.
    From my understanding, Cisco exams are one of the hardest IT exams out there.

Not to say that you should expect to fail, but keep at it. When I failed my ICDN2, I wanted to take the test RIGHT THEN. I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself. I knew what I missed, review it, and I wanted to get up and get on with it.

Generally you'll know the questions you have a hard time on. Focus on reviewing those, so when you see similiar questions you'll feel confident about them.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Everyone fails at something sometime in their lives, it's how you conduct yourself after that failure which makes you successful...

Very well put! I'm going to have to write this down.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't get down on yourself dude - I got exactly the same score on my first attempt at the 640-802 and let me tell you, I know what it feels to blow $250.

Just keep at it. As my boy Palpatine once said, let your frustration "give you focus, make you strongah!"
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless