Options

New job - new life

2»

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So just to give you some quick update about the situation since I arrived
    I’m working in Aramco as I mentioned before in a newly established division ITBCMG (IT Business Continuity Management Group).

I wish I could’ve talked about my job description but I can’t due to NDA but I can say I’m learning a lot from it.

The work environment is so professional and way different that what I’ve experienced in Syria gotta walk up at 5:30 now (instead of 8:00) so good bye sleep :D

. The company is full with American and Canadian most of them at very

high ranks.

It seems my certifications plans will change for 2011 I will finish the EA for sure very soon but I will skip the Exchange/renew CCNA which was planed and I will be seeking some security related and business continuity certifications instead like CISM and maybe CISSP in the future. First of 2011 will be Security+ as advised by my colleague here.

I know the market in Syria doesn’t really care for this stuff now but it will in the future so that would be a huge plus for me. My contract now is for one year I will try to find other opportunities in Qatar. I love it here in Khubar it is considered a moderate city in KSA very clean and well established only disadvantage is that housing is really expensive (I’m paying almost a 1070$/mo for a very small furnished apartment) but everything else is cheap indeed.

Well I just wanted to share this with you.
    Good luck for 2011