Options

Which path should I choose?

NokikNokik Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I am a B.E Computer graduate currently working with AVAYA as Customer Support Engineer at one of the Service Desk. Its networking related but this job role is stagnant. I desperately want to do a certification to develop a skill in something.

I was and I am still interested in Web Application development. I have developed websites and I still manage this website ( see www.nsupune.com ) So due to this interest, I would like to do Microsoft Certification in Web Application development. But-
  • I dont have any web development experience professionally. What is the scope of jobs after MS certification?
  • One of my major concern is that although i have been employed for about 2 years, those have been in support role only. So is it wise to move to web development?
  • Based on my current role in Avaya, should i do some networking certifications like CISCO, MCSA, RHCE etc. instead?
I am really confused. Please Advice.

Comments

• Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I feel you should define what type of role you want to fill then work towards gaining skills/certs in that area. So if Web development is your interest I would focus there, but I am not too familiar with certifications for web development.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA