Options

Finished a book. Still uneasy.

futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
ugh. I am glad I have about 2 more weeks. I have just finished Meyer's book and did really well on his end of chapter tests. Overall I'd say I finished the whole book with 90%+ but then I took the Sybex chapter reviews and got 75% overall.

Feeling kinda bummed I am not smoking the tests. Its time to really start buckling down and practicing and I have not alot of time. Should I just grab the Kindle version of Gibson's book and read on my PC? I know alot of people have said its a great piece to read.

Otherwise I am just going to review topics from my Sybex chapter review weaknesses and hope I can make it.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do a search and find one thread, or even one post, that states someone failed Security+ AND used Darril Gibson's book.

Find that post, and post a reply.

If you can't find that post, then that pretty much should answer your question.

You've read the threads...you were adamant about using your Meyers and Sybex guide (and people HAVE passed with them both...). But the difference between Darril and those guides is it's harder to feel uneasy after finishing Darril's book....

Just sayin'
  • Options
    futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I end up with something like this erp. I hear what you are saying. Will still ponder over next day or two. Proprofs makes me feel alittle better.

2z70own.png
  • Options
    ShikeShike Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can't go wrong getting the Kindle edition of Darril's book for $10. That's what I used.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I am halfway done with Darril's book, and I have the test engine from the Sybex books, and I feel like I will certainly be ready for it, I'm also fresh off of my studies from A+/Net+, so I almost feel overconfident.... I have it scheduled for the 22nd, but may bump it up to the 17th
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I am halfway done with Darril's book, and I have the test engine from the Sybex books, and I feel like I will certainly be ready for it, I'm also fresh off of my studies from A+/Net+, so I almost feel overconfident.... I have it scheduled for the 22nd, but may bump it up to the 17th

I felt the same way except I came off CCENT and Net+. I ended up pushing my exam up two weeks closer and grabbed an 870.

I agree with EA. That book is CompTIA's kryptonite haha.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I passed it using Sybex but felt uneasy. Didn't know about Darrils book til after taking the test. Just get the darn book and pass it!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.