CCENT Passed

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recentley passed my CCENT with a score of 850. So I am very happy about that. Thanks to everybody on this website that has helped me

I am now wondering if anybody give me some ideas about the jobs/job title I should be looking for in the Oxford area. I am also looking for work expeience and would appreciate any ideas.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. Are you going into ICND2 or taking a break?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I should be starting to study for ICND2 at the beginning of the new year
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    Bolton07 wrote: »
    I recentley passed my CCENT with a score of 850. So I am very happy about that. Thanks to everybody on this website that has helped me

I am now wondering if anybody give me some ideas about the jobs/job title I should be looking for in the Oxford area. I am also looking for work expeience and would appreciate any ideas.
    Congrats for I'm going the same path.Inspiring and congrats again.........icon_cheers.gif
  • agpltagplt Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats ! How long you studied and how you was sure that you are ready for a test ? :) What material u used to study ? :) how you studied ? :) Sorry for my curiosity just i am studying now for ccent ant maybe it will be somehow helpful :)
    Currently working on:
    - CCNA
    Future plans:
    - CCNA Security
    - CCNA Voice

Currently reading:

- Todd Lammle “CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition (640-801)
    Currently watching:
    - CBTnuggets Cisco 640-822 Jeremy Cioara

2011 10k challenge
    Pages read: 137
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed my CCENT
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Job titles can vary by company so it's probably just easier to do a search of your local job board and see what's out there.

Maybe start your search with Cisco to see who's looking for Cisco talent -- and why. You might find there's a shortage of Redhat Linux people in your area who also have Cisco experience -- or that Virtualization and a Cisco CCNP is the ticket to a great job.

Then try some of the Cisco Certifications like CCENT and CCNA to see who the employers (or recruiters) are in your area and what they're looking for.

I think we've added the CCENT as one of the certifications we'll search for when we hire someone for a rack 'n stack position (Infrastructure Technician). But usually the A+ or Network+ is all we desire (but don't require).

Once you hit the CCNA, you may find Network Technician or Network Admin or Network Administrator -- but some places call anyone answering a network question Network Engineer (so they can charge more for their services).

If you have Visio and Power Point skills you may be a candidate for a Network Architect position (CCNA optional). icon_lol.gif

Some places will toss Junior in front of any and all positions so they can pay you less -- so take any of the CCNA job titles you find and toss Junior in front of them and search for those job titles -- and then use your CCENT to apply for those :D

There will also be System Technicians, System Admins, System Engineers, Help Desk, Service Desk, Desk Side Support, Support Desk, etc that might like some networking skills and mention CCNA (or maybe CCENT if you're lucky).

If you have a Cisco certification and want to start work in data networking, then you want to find a job with Network in the title. :D But there may be some sales support positions available that are worth looking into -- but only if they are Cisco Sales Support positions. A Cisco Sales Support Engineer may get to do some technical work -- and can move to the technical only side of a business.

Also check the Cisco Partner Locator and see what Cisco Business Partners are in your area -- and then check their web sites for any job openings.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied for a about a year but I think one should be able to complete the course in six months or less. I used the CCENT study guide by Todd Lamle, which is good . But most people on this forum say the CCENT 'Official Exam Certification Guide by Wendell Odom is best. I think the book by Wendell Odom goes into more detail than the Todd Lammle.