Options

Sysprep frustration..

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
I'm trying to sysprep a model machine to make an image. I keep getting an error about WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, either not designed to run on Windows, or that it contains an error. I have no idea to get around this, and really need to. I've gone so far as to start from absolut scratch using the install DVD, and chkdsk before sysprep.. And I still get this error, and it's driving me crazy!!! I'm using Vista Enterprise 32 bit, on a Dell E6400 laptop.

I just don't know what to do here, and I can't find any support from Microsoft either.

Does anyone have any clue on how to get this file to work correctly, or any other information at all?

thanks in advance..
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Are you using the SYSPREP that comes with Windows Vista in the C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe location?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Are you using the SYSPREP that comes with Windows Vista in the C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe location?

Yes I am. I am also using an XML file for the unattended protion of setup. The same fXML ile works on other models without any problems. I have also tried on 3 different E6400's, and even took a copy of that file from a different model that was running fine and replaced the "corrupted" version, and it still crashes....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Have you tried switching SATA operation from the Default AHCI to ATA? This has caused a lot of issues for us with imaging.

Apparently with the 6400 you have to change or delete the battery.inf because this can cause some issues also.