Options

Passed Security+ today

cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed today with a 840!!!! Had lots of questions on crypto and IDS. Be sure to know these two items. I used Darill Gibson's book and this book is like a must have for this test. Seems everyone loves this book. Book was very helpful in getting ready. If you struggle with a question, eliminate the obvious incorrect answers (usually 2) and then is much easier.

And don't worry if getting low practice test scores. I wasn't doing very good on practice exams yet still passed. YOU can too!!! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome congrats!

Sometimes I think the practice tests are purposely harder than the actual exams. The questions are often longer and seem to me like they are trying to teach you the long way round at a concept - the test questions can't be so long or everyone would run out of time.

Good job!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Souljacker wrote: »
    Awesome congrats!

Sometimes I think the practice tests are purposely harder than the actual exams. The questions are often longer and seem to me like they are trying to teach you the long way round at a concept - the test questions can't be so long or everyone would run out of time.

Good job!

That's actually a good thing. The practice tests are supposed to help teach you what you need to know and reinforce that knowledge. If all you did was memorize the answers and tests, you would walk in with a false sense of confidence and then get thrown for a loop when something that was on your practice exam gets asked of you in a different way. A perfect example of this is the backup questions. I can't of course get more specific than that as that would violate NDA, but on the actual exam, you get asked about the tapes, but the answer they're looking for is different than what you saw in practice questions. BUT...if you know the difference between differential and incremental backups, that won't be a problem.

To the OP, congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, nice work!
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif

icon_cheers.gifcheers on the pass!icon_cheers.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    when referring to the practice questions, are you referring to darril's end of chapter questions or the practice test?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was talking about tests like Transcenders and MeasureUps. I imagine Souljacker meant the same.

Darril's questions are reminiscent of the actual exam (not quite the same, but reminiscent nonetheless--at least in my case and no doubt others).
  • Options
    cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the kind words....

Like erpadmin said, Darril does a great job and getting you examples of questions you will see on the test.

Good luck to anyone needing to test yet. You can pass this test! icon_thumright.gif