Options

CCNA is so easy now compared to CCNAv1

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
Wow. So I originally got my CCNA in 2001, back then it was tough, lots of knowledge required for IPX/Appletalk, IPX/Appletalk access-lists and addressing, Token Ring and the like!

So I let my CCNA expire, I never bothered renewing it, I had a great job in networking. Well here I am unemployed and my first idea was just take all the CCNP courses and get them out of hte way and finish up with the CCNA to validate my NP, but I figured what the hell, I'll just take the CCNA.

Wow, easy stuff! 975/1000. Have a valid CCNA again! Woo! Only problem I think I had was switch related.

Welp got my CCNP route scheduled for 3 weeks from now :)icon_cheers.gif
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck!

Of course I would guess it's easier now since you've been working in the field a bit since the first time. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »

Of course I would guess it's easier now since you've been working in the field a bit since the first time. icon_wink.gif

Agreed. Associate level stuff is much easier for me to tackle now than it was when I was learning it all from scratch. It is natural for it to all come easier and be easier to grasp the second time around. I don't know about calling it easier.

Still, congrats and welcome to the show!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    millworx wrote: »
    Wow. So I originally got my CCNA in 2001, back then it was tough, lots of knowledge required for IPX/Appletalk, IPX/Appletalk access-lists and addressing, Token Ring and the like!

So I let my CCNA expire, I never bothered renewing it, I had a great job in networking. Well here I am unemployed and my first idea was just take all the CCNP courses and get them out of hte way and finish up with the CCNA to validate my NP, but I figured what the hell, I'll just take the CCNA.

Wow, easy stuff! 975/1000. Have a valid CCNA again! Woo! Only problem I think I had was switch related.

Welp got my CCNP route scheduled for 3 weeks from now :)icon_cheers.gif
    So you have CCNA and CCNP before and you let it expired?

Congrats! wow 2001 ccna. old school stuff!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on returning to the the CCNA fold.

Die Apple Talk!! Die!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations on returning to the the CCNA fold.

Die Apple Talk!! Die!!

Lol NO KIDDING! I remember when I first took the exam IPX/Appletalk addressing was so hard or me. I don't remember my exact exam score but passing back then was 700/1000 and I got like a 725.

Oh well, goal is to get CCNP out of the way within the next 6 months, already pretty familiar with the routing side of things, but I've always been weak in switching. Heres to progress!
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    CCNA level stuff doesn't seem that easy to me right now!!! I never did get ospf to work like it's supposed to last night when I was working with it!!

I think the same could be said about Comptia Net+ stuff being easier now and A+ for that matter no more apple talk or novel stuff and I am guessing no more memorizing IRQ 1 is keyboard and IRQ 4 is Com1. I really hated trying to memorize the irq's
  • Options
    I never took A+ but yeah I can imaging remembering mundane stuff like IRQs would be a pain in the ass. You'll get the hang of CCNA stuff, once you work with it for a few years most of it will be easy to you if you look back on it.
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    CCNA level stuff doesn't seem that easy to me right now!!! I never did get ospf to work like it's supposed to last night when I was working with it!!

I think the same could be said about Comptia Net+ stuff and A+ for that matter no more apple talk or novel stuff and I am guessing no more memorizing IRQ 1 is keyboard and IRQ 4 is Com1. I really hated trying to memorize the irq's
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting your CCNA back!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.