Options

Hacking...

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
Anyone else notice all the hacking that has been going on lately? I know it is inevitable. It is what it is.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think hackers are cool. I know they cause inconvenience to people and don't condone their activities, but I marvel at their skills. They are who keep you Security folks in employment, so you want them around icon_wink.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    Anyone else notice all the hacking that has been going on lately?
    No. Doesn't seem particularly unusual. It just wasn't made into a media frenzy before by the journalists.
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    I know it is inevitable. It is what it is.
    No again. If people actually followed industry best practices and applied a little common sense then you'd get rid of a large proportion of these incidents.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Actually it's not the common "guy in his moms spare bedroom" hacker that keeps security guys in business but the POSSIBILITY of corporate and/or foreign government hackers.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    earweed wrote: »
    Actually it's not the common "guy in his moms spare bedroom" hacker that keeps security guys in business but the POSSIBILITY of corporate and/or foreign government hackers.

+1...People will pay dearly for peace of mind.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]