Options

Passed Security+!

Super DevilSuper Devil Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I passed yesterday! 812 outta 900. I was surpised I did that well(im a pessimist haha). I used 2 books, the exam cram book and Darrill Gibson's book. If I had known how great Darrill's was I never would have bought that exam cram book. I went through Darrill's book in about 2 days and then I took my test. It actually won't as hard as I expected.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. What's next for you?
  • Options
    cspring72cspring72 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I dont know yet cyberguypr. I have 3 in mind right now. It'll either be Network+ so I can have the triad, MCTS, or CCENT. I'm going to take a break till the first of the year. Anyone have any advice or pointers on what I could tackle next?
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys. I dont know yet cyberguypr. I have 3 in mind right now. It'll either be Network+ so I can have the triad, MCTS, or CCENT. I'm going to take a break till the first of the year. Anyone have any advice or pointers on what I could tackle next?

If you are going for the CCENT at some point, then you should work on Network+ (whether it's "lifetime" or the 3 year deal). Only because it will be a great foundation on the CCNA concepts. CCENT is pretty much like Network+, except it's Cisco-centric. Personally, I would just do the one test deal myself for CCNA, but that's just me and my personal preference (I'd like to think I'm brave and have "testicular fortitude"...lol...but again, that's just me.)
  • Options
    Lol I already took some cisco classes for my degree(and had to use a sybex book since cisco books are written so poorly haha) so I've already got a good idea of what I'll do for the CCNA. I read over some of the MCTS material and I really dont like the way its worded so I think I'll put that off lol.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif I will try to at least get a CCENT next year too. as well as a MS cert but not sure which one..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and be careful, once started down the Cisco path it's hard to come back.
  • Options
    TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!