Options

Wish me luck :)

certmistercertmister Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have my CCENT tomorrow (Friday 17 dec). I feel like I should know more stuff but I also think I need to do the exam now. I had a few distractions over the year and had to re-schedule it a few times already so here's hoping it goes well.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

You can always learn icon_study.gif more for the ICND2 exam :D

Before the exam you get some time to read (and accept) the Cisco NDA and go through the Exam tutorial -- if you check those out online before the exam you can use that time to jot down an emergency brain freeze subnetting chart on your dry erase marker sheets. Or you can get to the exam that much soon.

Certification Exam Tutorial

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

There is also the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy, but you don't get "tested" on that :D

Think about time management. Keep an eye on the clock. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you've done enough hands on lab practice they should be easy. And there are some ungraded questions on the exam, so if you miss one or two questions just pretend they are the ungraded beta questions, take your best shot, and then move on.

Make sure you read the question and ALL the answers. Then read the question again before you select your (correct) answer(s).

With Cisco exams once you hit the NEXT button you never see the question again -- there is NO mark and review option. So once you hit NEXT don't spend anymore time agonizing over that question -- focus on the current question, and occasionally the clock.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    you got thisicon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    @mikej412: Thanks, that's good advice. I did the exam tutorial earlier today. Those two legal docs are hurting my head right now or maybe I'm just burned out from Boson questions. It's my first Cisco exam so I am excited and a bit nervous too.

Thanks everyone else for the encouragement, appreciate it. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    certmister wrote: »
    Those two legal docs are hurting my head right now or maybe I'm just burned out from Boson questions.
    It's pretty simple:

The First Rule of Cisco Exam Club is that you don't talk about what you had or saw on the Cisco Exams or learned from taking the Cisco Exams.

The Second Rule of Cisco Exam Club is that you DON'T talk about what you had or saw on the Cisco Exams or learned from taking the Cisco Exams.

The Third Rule (candidate conduct policy) just changes the "talk" to "post on forums."

The Fourth Rule would cover blogs, tweets, farmville, smoke signals, videos, secret notes written on diner napkins with invisible ink, Morse Code, etc....

Or you can just think of it as the Vegas Rules for Cisco Exams -- what happens in the Cisco Exam stays in the Cisco Exam.

But it is okay to tell us you passed icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    mikej412 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple:

The First Rule of Cisco Exam Club is that you don't talk about what you had or saw on the Cisco Exams or learned from taking the Cisco Exams.

The Second Rule of Cisco Exam Club is that you DON'T talk about what you had or saw on the Cisco Exams or learned from taking the Cisco Exams.

The Third Rule (candidate conduct policy) just changes the "talk" to "post on forums."

The Fourth Rule would cover blogs, tweets, farmville, smoke signals, videos, secret notes written on diner napkins with invisible ink, Morse Code, etc....

Or you can just think of it as the Vegas Rules for Cisco Exams -- what happens in the Cisco Exam stays in the Cisco Exam.

But it is okay to tell us you passed icon_lol.gif

hahaha!! I love it! If it wasn't for these rules, these exams wouldn't be what they are! Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    Missed it by 4 points but I'm ok with it, I'll get it the next time. I'm kinda happy with some of the topics I got.
    I like this the best, reminds me of 2.5 men!
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @mikej412

The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about fight club.
    The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about fight club.

I hope the exam is just like the tutorial and actually says choose 3 or 2 on the Multiple-choice multiple answer.
    Boson makes you guess on how many you have to choose.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    I hope the exam is just like the tutorial and actually says choose 3 or 2 on the Multiple-choice multiple answer.
    Yes, the exam says choose 2, choose 3. Most of the Boson questions I answered said choose x as well.
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Priston wrote: »

My guess is they make you choose... if you know it you know it, if you don't you don't.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    O wow I just noticed where it says the select the best 3 answers on the boson exams, not the typical place tests put it.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA